1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 4:48 PM by conroy

Black Pixelated Areas in Photos

Kaclink1

I just purchased a new computer which is running Windows 7 and has an AMD Radeon graphics card. I loaded my Photoshop CS4 on this new computer.  I previously had CS4 loaded on a Dell Inspirion laptop that died.  I never had any problems with CS4 on my laptop.  However now I am having a weird issue.  I have always used a working color profile of sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as that is the color profile that my digital camera uses. Now when I open photos in CS4 using this color profile, there are black pixelated areas on many of the photos.  I can get rid of this in two ways, 1. by dropping the saturation down to around -8 or 2.  changing my working space profile to Adobe RGB 1998 and then converting the documents color profile to the working space.  This option is really annoying as I have to convert every photo that I bring in to Photoshop. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is there some setting I am missing somewhere? Is the graphics card not compatable with CS4? Any help would be sincerely appreciated.