3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2013 10:48 PM by Flex harUI

Multiple file in a project

PastaPrimavera

I have never had a need to have multiple files in a project but now i do and i have no idea the corect way to do it.

I have my main flex project file "test.xmxl" which contains the code below.

What i would like to do is create another file say "otherfile.???".  So that what i want to do specifically is only in that file and not done in test.xmxl.

Two things come to mind.

#1) what is the name of the new file i would make.  is it a XMXL Application, Component, Module or Action Script File, Class ?

#2) When i do make this new file how can i deal with items that are in test.xmxl file from otherfile.???

I.E. in test i have a TextArea, but i want to be able to change that text from within otherfile.??? how is that done ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600">

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

protected function button1_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

DoWhatIWantInAnotherFile("change text");

}

]]>

</fx:Script>

<fx:Declarations>

<!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->

</fx:Declarations>

<s:Button x="424" y="239" label="Button" click="button1_clickHandler(event)"/>

<s:TextArea id="mytext" x="574" y="92"/>

</s:Application>