1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 8:40 AM by Eugene Tyson

How can i change the color of the text on a button in Roll Over or Click state (Cs5.5)

stlbbl4u

Hello,

Here is the problematic:

1° How can i change the color of the text on a button in Roll Over or Click state (Cs5.5)

- I've many button in a doc im creating

- the color of the buttons is white with black stoke & black text

- in roll over state i want them to inverse the color coding (the text white & bottom black)

- currently the text becomes invisible as black on black cant be seen (ive stroked it white but that looks ugly)

- i would just like to know if there is a function made for this?

My other questions:

2° Ive a presentation on which Ive created buttons which tigger pop-up animations

- i have 5 buttons which trigger animations

- the viewer can chose to Click on any of the buttons randomly

- the problem is once the animation is open how can it be close... either:

a) by it self after "40" seconds

b) when ther viewer clicks another button

3° Ive created buttons linking pages..

- "go to page xxx"

- when i do a preview and click on the buttons the links dont take me to the right pages

- is that normal? (maybe in preview its suppose to be like that)

4° I would like to intergrate YouTube videos in the presentation so they play inside the docment.. when i tried.. it said the 'link isnt a flash video'

- what should i do?

5° Once i export it into Swf. how how can i visualize it? or put it online?

Thank you for your time.

• 1. Re: How can i change the color of the text on a button in Roll Over or Click state (Cs5.5)
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

stlbbl4u wrote:

Hello,

Here is the problematic:

1° How can i change the color of the text on a button in Roll Over or Click state (Cs5.5)

- I've many button in a doc im creating

- the color of the buttons is white with black stoke & black text

- in roll over state i want them to inverse the color coding (the text white & bottom black)

- currently the text becomes invisible as black on black cant be seen (ive stroked it white but that looks ugly)

- i would just like to know if there is a function made for this?

You should setup Object Styles - these can also include Paragarph Styles that can be triggered when the Style is selected.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/indesign/cs/using/WS5CEDB81A-0011-4dc9-9DE8-AC7AD4C80076a.html

My other questions:

2° Ive a presentation on which Ive created buttons which tigger pop-up animations

- i have 5 buttons which trigger animations

- the viewer can chose to Click on any of the buttons randomly

- the problem is once the animation is open how can it be close... either:

a) by it self after "40" seconds

b) when ther viewer clicks another button

I'm not sure what you mean - I don't do files with Animations

3° Ive created buttons linking pages..

- "go to page xxx"

- when i do a preview and click on the buttons the links dont take me to the right pages

- is that normal? (maybe in preview its suppose to be like that)

Does it work properly when you export it to the finished file?

4° I would like to intergrate YouTube videos in the presentation so they play inside the docment.. when i tried.. it said the 'link isnt a flash video'

- what should i do?

InDesign won't link directly to youtube videos. I think your best bet would be to use Downloader to download the video and embed them directly in Indesign.

5° Once i export it into Swf. how how can i visualize it? or put it online?

Thank you for your time.

You can look up how to embed a SWF file into your HTML - but it depends what you mean by "online" there's a dozen ways to get a file "online".