2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2013 9:25 AM by Pepe2534

Another DVD burn question with twist:PE7 vs PE11

Pepe2534

After 2 hours with courteous Adobe chat session, studying the forum, FAq, burning lots of dvds, trying lots of settings, I shall throw out a last plea for insight.

If I make a dvd or dvd folder with premiere elements 11 and it has any high def video in the project; it comes out blurry.  Strangely, any still photos in the project come out blurry too.

If I make the same dvd with the same high def files using premiere elements 7, it comes out great.  (i.e. dvd quality; I'm not expecting high def).  Also the still photos are much better!!

Incidentally, I opened the project settings tab on both programs simultaneously side by side, and they are exactly the same.

I do know by now that my "new" HP computer with 2.4GHz processor does not have quite the specs to burn blue ray disc, AVCHD file. 

so my questions:

Main one:  Any ideas how I can tweak my PE11 to make it output like PE7?  (don't worry, I turned off screen saver, etc).  Any insight into why the difference?

Trivial one: why would the still photos output differently.

thanks

• 1. Re: Another DVD burn question with twist:PE7 vs PE11
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

>I do know by now that my "new" HP computer with 2.4GHz processor does not have quite the specs to burn blue ray disc, AVCHD file.

The only computer spec that matters when it comes to whether or not you can burn a BluRay disc is whether or not you have a BluRay disc burner. So I don't think that's the issue.

And I do assume you know that DVDs have only about one-sixth the resolution of high-def video -- so, particularly when you're looking at full-screen on your computer, DVDs are never going to look at clean or detailed as your original high-def.

But that said, you can try using Publish & Share/Computer/AVI to output an AVI of your AVCHD project, then start a new project, add your AVI to the timeline and output your DVD from that. That will likely give you much better results than outputting directly from AVCHD.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Another DVD burn question with twist:PE7 vs PE11
            Pepe2534 Level 1

Thank you Steve.  I haven't tried the avi trick, and will do so.  The resolution issue is understood, but trust me the quality of the dvd if I use PE11 is poor; but if I use exact same settings, video files in PE7, it is excellent.  (yes, not high def, but didn't expect that). It sure puzzles me why the difference.  To be honest, I'm ready to just go back to PE7 since I was satisfied with it...