Copied

I use:

HP Pavillion ze4500

2Ghz Athlon Processor

1GB Ram

Windows XP service pack 3

IE8

Opera 12.15

This morning, 2 things happened when I went to Youtube using IE8: I got a message saying IE8 was no longer supported on Youtube & that I needed the latest version of flashplayer installed (I've got a screenshot of that!). When I tried to get the lastest version, it wouldn't complete installation, the installer indicated "download timeout" (I've got screenshot!). I tried using one of the other download options offered on this site's help section and verified that I got the latest version installed (I have screenshot!). However, Youtube still gives the same message about needing flashplayer.

Next, I tried using Opera. I got no message saying Opera wasn't supported and no message saying I needed flash player, but video was choppy when played. I tried downloading flashplayer using Opera, but still got a "download timeout".

flashdownloadtimeout.PNGflashversioninstalled.PNGyoutubenotification.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is your browser, not flash.  update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines