3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2007 2:35 PM by RobertHF

RoboHelp 7 trial problem

RobertHF
      Hello,

I downloaded the trial version of RoboHelp 7 a few days ago. I'm a developer and I already have a version of RoboHelp 5 which I use to display WinHelp from an MFC program, but I now want to move to Html help. I imported the .hpj file from my RoboHelp 5 project into RoboHelp 7 for Word. I set it to build HTML help and It built successfully. I overrode the CMainFrame::WinHelp() function as described in RoboHelp help, and I was able to call the .chm file from within my program to display the top-level help page, i.e. the following call was successful:

RH_ShowHelp(pWnd->m_hWnd, csHelpPath, HH_HELP_FINDER, 0);

However, when I tried to use it with context-sensitive help, i.e.

RH_ShowHelp(m_hWnd, csHelpPath, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, dwData)

where dwData is the map ID of some topic, it didn't work. I did a "get last error" call and it returned "The compiled help (.chm) file does not contain context IDs" .

I've checked the map IDs in the RoboHelp 7 project and the topics appear to have the map IDs I would expect. I also examined the .chm file with a program called FAR HTML and it appeared to confirm that there were no map IDs in the .chm file.

Can anyone advise me on this? Is this perhaps a limitation of the trial version?

Thanks for any help.