Thanks for those with a few minutes to share your thoughts. First, to let you know, I downloaded the trial and was too busy at the time to do much with it for the 30 day trial.
I can get the upgrade if it improves the editing experience. I am on a Mac Book Pro i7 2.0 intel quad core, 4 gigs ram , summer 2011. CS5.5 seems to run just fine on my computer.
Wait for the new version. My guess is a month or two.
Whether you choose to get CS6 or wait for the next update, you'll definitely want to upgrade your RAM. Wouldn't be too expensive to bump your Pro up to 16GB.