2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2013 8:39 AM by the_wine_snob

Premier Elements 11 screen refresh when window not full screen

rohan_vadgama

Hi,

Have following spec pc:

Pentium 4 3.6Ghz 2Gb Ram with NVidia GTS450 latest display drivers and windows XP service pack 3.

When running Premier elements in not full screen mode moving the window leaves window trails behind and screen does not refresh. In full screen things are ok?.

What can be causing this and is there anything that can be done to resolve this apart from upgrading my pc etc.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 11 screen refresh when window not full screen
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are you editing?

A P4 with 2Gig of ram is "barely" strong enough to edit DV video from a tape camera

If you are editing any kind of HiDef video, you really need a new computer

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 11 screen refresh when window not full screen
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I have the same, or very similar GUI display issues with PrE 11 on an older laptop, running XP-Pro SP3 and an nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX w/ 512MB VRAM. Unfortunately, for that chip and on XP-Pro, the latest video driver is from back in 2011 (IIRC), and no new one in sight.

I feel that the only solution will be to update the OS to Win7 (allowing a newer video driver from nVidia), or replacement of the laptop (which I am doing).

PrE 4.0, PrPro CS 2, AE CS 2, and other, older Adobe programs, all work perfectly, but PrE 11 has display issues. To me, this means that the newer version's GUI interfaces more closely with the video driver, than the other programs.

Even for a company, like nVidia, the XP OS route is now a deadend.

Sorry for the bad news, but know that you are not alone.

Good luck,

Hunt