6 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 4:27 AM by ibarrien

Editing and saving under PS touch Android

derfuchs98

Hi,

I have a number of pictures of my students which I take with my tablets front camera in the classroom. Usually these pics are lacking of colour and contrast and I want to make upmthese pics using PS touch.

Pictures are located in /storage/sdcard0/androclass/images

I can select a picture in my galaxy note 10.1 file manager and open it in PS touch. I can also adjust colour contrast and the like. What I cannot do, however, is to save the picture in the very same location from where I have opened it.

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Editing and saving under PS touch Android
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

As you've probably noted, PS Touch saves projects in its own interface. You can then export those projects in a desired file format (depending on destination) when you're ready. You can save locally to Android Gallery as JPEG or PNG. If I recall, these exported pictures can be found with a file browser under storage/sdcard0/Pictures/Adobe Photoshop.

• 2. Re: Editing and saving under PS touch Android
            derfuchs98 Level 1

Thanks! Now I understand how to save my pics and how to move them to the original location using the file manager.

However, it would be much easier, if I could save it straight from PS touch to the original location. PS saves the pic under a totally different name, so I have to rename it to the original name, copy, paste... Very inconvenient.

• 3. Re: Editing and saving under PS touch Android
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I'm assuming that, by default, PS Touch saves the project in the native PSDX format before any exporting is done. (I'm deducing this from the fact that layers are preserved when going back and forth on projects.)

The only thing I'd like is to actually name the project *before* I work on it, not after. (You can tap the name of a newly-saved project, usually titled (unspectactularly), "Untitled xx," and rename it.) Images renamed after exporting is another issue, which may be related to the operating system. (Oddly, the name I gave the image is kept in its metadata, but the image is titled something like, "123456.jpg.")

• 4. Re: Editing and saving under PS touch Android
                michaswk

Hi.

I`m haveing the same request. Please make it possible to export a picture without having to hassle with projects an exporting. I understand, that its your philosophy, but I need a completely different workflow: I don`t sta r t with an empty project, but I go through my picture of the last holiday an want to edit some of them. So from my gallery app I choose "edit" and from there use photoshop touch, which is great btw. Then I just need to save it with the same name an path. Maybe you could inculde a button like "fast export without saving project" and use the first imported image as a suggestion for the naming and directory. Btw this coukd also be a nice feature for the actual exporting function...

Please do it!

Greetings from germany.

Michael

• 5. Re: Editing and saving under PS touch Android
                  michaswk Level 1

Ok, sorry Adobe. I found a solution for me: "photo editor" by dev.mcgyver from google play store. resizing, cropping and adjusting tonal response curve is all I wanted anyway. Of course it has alot less features.

Bye,

Michael

• 6. Re: Editing and saving under PS touch Android
                    ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi Michael,

thanks for the feedback, please log it as an Idea for others to vote for:

Idea.JPG

thanks,

Ignacio