4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 12:00 PM by the_wine_snob

Elements 7 video download

doug1doug2

When downloading a video file from a DVD+RW for editing, the download is out of order & incomplete. I am running Premiere Version 7. I have been using Version 3 which works fine, but takes 6-8 hours to render a 30 minute sermon or program.

• 1. Re: Elements 7 video download
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Is this a DVD-Video disc, or a DVD-Data disc. The first will have a VIDEO_TS folder, where the latter will just have media files?

If from a DVD-Video disc, then look below:

Have you copied the VIDEO_TS folder (and contained files), to the computer's HDD, and then Imported the VOB files?

If you are having issues, can you tell us what device, or program was used to create the RW DVD-Video?

If it's a DVD-Data disc, then see below:

What is the file format on the DVD-Data disc?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Elements 7 video download
            the_wine_snob Level 9

If you do have a DVD-Video, and are having problems with the VOB's, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2298534#2298534

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Elements 7 video download
              doug1doug2 Level 1

Bill,

Thanks for your help. It is a video disk. I have been dropping the file from the disk to Premiere. If I'm understanding what you're saying, I need to move the files from the disk to the hard drive, then add the files to Premiere from the Hard drive?

Doug Pogue

Associate Minister

Brownstown Christian Church

702 W. Spring Street

Brownstown, IN  47220

812-358-4172

www.brownstownchristian.org

Check out Brownstown Christian Church on Facebook!

Please note: message attached

Return-Path: <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Received: from mx09.vgs.untd.com (mx09.vgs.untd.com )

by maildeliver11.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id AABJY2KLTAS5VUSA

for <doug1doug2@juno.com> (sender <forums_noreply@adobe.com>);

Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:05:37 -0700 (PDT)

Authentication-Results: mx09.vgs.untd.com; DKIM=NONE

Received-SPF: PermError

Received: from mx1-out2.phx1.jivehosted.com (mail0.phx1.jivehosted.com )

by mx09.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id AABJY2KLTAQJ3FA2

for <doug1doug2@juno.com> (sender <forums_noreply@adobe.com>);

Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:05:37 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from adobe-vm-wa05.m1phx1.jivehosted.com (lbs1.phx1.jivehosted.com )

by mx1-out2.phx1.jivehosted.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 564EB2016DD

for <doug1doug2@juno.com>; Mon, 15 Apr 2013 16:05:37 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:05:37 -0700

• 4. Re: Elements 7 video download
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Doug,

While one CAN Import the VOB's from the DVD-Video disc, via Get Media, there are two drawbacks to doing that:

Those VOB's will ONLY be available to PrE, when that DVD-Video disc is in the multi-drive.

The speed of transfer FROM the DVD-Video disc will be very slow, but if you Copy that VIDEO_TS folder (and its files to the HDD), the linking will be much quicker.

When working from a DVD-Video, I always Copy the VIDEO_TS folder (and files) to the HDD, and then Import (Get Media) from there. That speeds things up, AND means that when I Import, the links in PrE will always be correct (unless I change something, like drive letter, or any part of the Path).

PrE does NOT actually Import the media files into the Project's PREL file. It ONLY creates a link, which is an absolute Path, to where the media files are located, at the time of Import. If the absolute Path changes in any way, the links are lost, so if you have removed that DVD-Video disc, PrE cannot access those files, and one MUST put it back into the multi-drive.

Hope that this helps and good luck,

Hunt