1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2007 11:58 AM by Captiv8r

x and y coordinates

AW corp Level 1
      I am recording a custom software simulation at a resolution of 955x544. I do not use the snap to recording area because I need to reserve 162 pixels on the left for text. Is there a way to see my x and y coordinates so if I need to rerecord a portion of the simulation I know exactly where my recording area was placed in the original recording?
        • 1. Re: x and y coordinates
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi AW corp

You could probably accomplish this as follows.

There is a utility called "App Sizer". Assuming the site is up, you may obtain it by visiting http://www.brianapps.net (Site seems non-existent at the time). If you can't get it from there, ping me privately and I'll send you a link to pull it from YouSendIt. My address is rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com.

I'm thinking you might get the area set by taking the following steps. Run app sizer. Run something like Windows Notepad. Use Windows Notepad and App Sizer to set the recording area. So you use App Sizer to set and place Notepad at the size and screen coordinates you want. Once there, tell Captivate to record Notepad. the red recording rectangle would snap to the placement and size of Notepad. Then you just minimize or close Notepad and make sure your true application you wish to record is in the same place.

Seems a bit convoluted, but I'm thinking it should work.

Cheers... Rick