34 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2013 6:40 AM by astrong49

Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

astrong49 Level 1

In an Photoshop.com album you can drag a photo to the sequence you desire. If the photo has a sequencial number it is uploaded in that sequence whereas Revel seems to be uploading my photos in a ramdom sequence. How do I correct this like I could in Photoshop?

• 1. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Currently the photos are arranged by date. We have had lots of good suggestions for additional ways to sort and shared them with product management. If you have a specific need, please give us your input. We will be continuing to upgrade Revel with new features moving forward.

Pattie

• 2. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
            astrong49 Level 1

Thanks for the feedback, it has been very frustrating coming from the other mode at Photoshop.com where it uploaded by the filename which if you use a date format like 20130415 then they are all in sequence. In this case I have several categories of pictures e.g. flowers, scenery, waterfalls etc. with dates as stated so they mix. I went back and renumbered all the filenames starting at 1 to 100+ but arranging like 1 – 12 as flowers and 13 – 25 waterfalls so they would be grouped but as you say since you are looking at the date of the photo they are all over the map. In Photoshop.com I can load them then drag and drop to the view sequence I want. I would vote for that method not using the filename or date of the actual photo.

Is there any way I can arrange these now without Revel looking at the photo taken date?

Another option I’ve lost is the ability to have a description under the photo when it plays in the slide presentation. Photoshop.com gave me the ability to have description free form under each photo. This was great for letting views have a little bit information about the photo.

By the way when you migrated me over there were many albums that didn’t come across as albums just random pictures. It was such a mess not having them in their individual albums that I just deleted them all and have started uploading to new albums in Revel so the migration you did was a waste of time. Oh and some albums without photo’s in them came over but without the photos in them so I just deleted them too and started over…so much for the migration

Again thanks for responding so quickly, looking forward to some of these improvements “soon”.

Thanks,

Alan

• 3. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
              astrong49 Level 1

This has really got me going such that I woke several times in the night thinking about all the capabilities I am losing going to Revel.

Question: Have you used Photoshop.com if you have then you would know right off what  I’m going to high level relate to you below. It really is sad we are taking such a huge step backwards with this conversion.

Features in Photoshop.com that I do not see in Revel:

1)      Revel does not have any photo or album editing capabilities as I see it. Following is a screen print of the pull down at the photo level that displays all the options I have at the photo level. It is similar at the album level too.

2)      You do not allow .WMV format files. This is a real bummer as I use this to arrange pictures in an album adding information slides and music. Follow this link and you’ll get an example of what I mean. http://www.photoshop.com/users/astrong29/albums/9e63c13a0a804ed3a48f683eecac12a6 click on the “Slideshow” to start it and see what I mean…very powerful.

3)      Photoshop.com allows you to select a photo out of the album to use as the cover photo of the album to be displayed along with the title.

4)      In Photoshop.com I have 2GB of space free that I manage. How much is available in Revel and how do I view the space utilization at any given time?

5)      When anyone goes to my Photoshop.com Gallery they are presented with a main gallery album first that I select out of the posted albums and it plays slides from the album. Following is the link to my Photoshop.com gallery, let me know what you think J http://www.photoshop.com/users/astrong29

6)      Under Online Tools the Photoshop Express Organizer is the mode where I do all my work from creating an album, uploading the pictures and organizing them (drag and drop) into the album the way I want it to be displayed not just in picture date order like Revel does.

Hope this has been helpful. I would appreciate any feedback you have as to when or if we will see any of these features in Revel especially the .WMV format and allow my own picture sequencing within an album.

Thanks….looking forward to hearing back from you.

Alan

PS  - I’d be happy to talk with someone if it would be helpful. My phone number <removed for privacy>

• 4. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                astrong49 Level 1

Pattie,

New challenge….because the album I created hoping to have several themes in

it but they were all mixed in because of their creation dates, I deleted the

album and decided to create an individual album per theme. I created an

album titled “Creatures” and tried uploading just those photos related to

this theme, I did add one new photo that had not been up loaded before and

it did load. After the process of 17 picture uploads completed I received

the message that 17 pictures were bypassed as they were duplicates.

What is going on? There are no other albums/pictures loaded but Revel seems

to remember it has seen the other 17 pictures before so will not upload

them. How do I reinitialize Revel or whatever it takes so it will allow me

to create new albums with pictures I have previously uploaded but have been

deleted as far as I can see?

Please advise…

Thanks,

Alan

• 5. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

Alan-

I will contact you for more feedback.

Thanks,

Pattie

• 6. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

Alan

If you delete an album, the photos are still in the library. Revel detects duplicate photos and does not re-upload them. You can create an album and then select the photos from the library to put in the album.

Pattie

• 7. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                      astrong49 Level 1

Yes would love to talk with you….I read the message that the pictures are still there which I did find but do not understand now how to move to the album I created.

• 8. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

Mac?  PC? I agree this can be a bit confusing. We are working on making the user interface more intuitive.

This might help.

Pattie

On an iPad or iPhone:
                        In a Library select Create New Album. Name your album and hit OK.
                        You will be dropped into a screen called "Add Photos To ". Select from there as many of the image you would like and all the images you select will appear in your new album.
                        If you already have an album created, go into that album and select the Import button (the plus button at bottom left). You will have options from where you would like to add your images from.

On a Mac
                        In a Library, select Create New Album and name the album
                        Go to the full Library view (the library the album is in) and multi-select various images. You can then drag them into the new album you just created
                        In the Browser (adoberevel.com):

In a Browser

Create a new album
                        In your Library view, select the Photos button so all your photos display
                        Choose the Select Photos button. Select all the photos you want to add to an album
                        After you have selected the images, select Add to Album. There's a drop-down arrow that will display all your existing albums. Choose the one you want to add to and then hit Add to Album button.

• 9. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                          astrong49 Level 1

J I was able to create the individual albums and then select the photos I wanted in them and post them so for now I have about 10 albums with the uploaded pictures scattered among them all.

Sorry I’m a little slow at learning new things and this one didn’t come to me but after you said the pictures were there and I found them I figured out the process J

When you address the other suggestions I’ve made I look forward to hearing the good news from you.

For now I can do the basics of creating a photo album and posting pictures….really looking forward however to the being able to sequence within the album and making movies.

• 10. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                            astrong49 Level 1

Got it….is on a PC

• 11. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                              astrong49 Level 1

One last question how do I share my photo albums with someone else.

In Photoshop.com I would just go to the album and then copy the link from internet explorer. I tried that and it takes me to the following not the actual album:

https://www.adoberevel.com/libraries#!/26d612da90674e01a78bf24ab37b04f0/albums/b988fddb137 640328022a06a66a5ec8c

• 12. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

Revel does not have the customized url's like Photoshop.com, although several users have requested it so we are feeding this back to product management as a wishful feature.  You simply get the link or go to the browser and copy the link, and then paste that url in an email to friends and family and they will be able to see the album without using revel

Pattie

See these links for for more details:

FAQ: File Basics: How do I Upload, Download, Share, Move and Delete files in Revel?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5106054#5106054

FAQ: How do I share my photos in Revel?
                                http://forums.adobe.com/message/5092831#5092831

1 person found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                  astrong49 Level 1

Does the link in the attached email get you to my albums? It doesn’t me, I get routed to the following:

• 15. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                    Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Good to hear that.  We hope you enjoy using Revel

Scott

• 16. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                      astrong49 Level 1

It is taking some time to get use too. Teaching this old dog new tricks takes awhile. I appreciate your help now if we can move it to the next level and make it more functional like Photoshop.com and beyond…great!

• 17. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

Alan-

We have plans to add many more features. I hope we can get the product to where you want it. I realize it is different than Photoshop.com, but it does have more of a focus on sharing and viewing across multiple devices so it has a lot of potential.

Pattie

• 18. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                          astrong49 Level 1

Not being a Facebook or Twitter use those share options don’t mean anything to me.

My three highest desires would be:

1)      Able to use Windows Movie Maker (.WMV)

2)      Able to move photo’s around in an album to be arranged in my desired order not by date of the photo

3)      Able to send a url to my friends that takes them to the gallery level so they can pick and choose what albums they would like to view.

Again thanks for your help I’m moving along with in the knowledge level I have at this time. Until the above features are added I’ll just be doing basic posting in albums as I take new pictures I want to share.

J Alan

• 19. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

When I mention multiple devices, I mean that Revel allows access to the photos from a pc, Mac, iPhone, and iPad.  I will certainly share your top desires with the team.

Thanks,

Pattie

• 20. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                              astrong49 Level 1

Oh, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks again for getting me this far…..

• 21. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

I am happy to help.

Pattie

• 22. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                                  astrong49 Level 1

I just created a new album from this evenings sunset 4/20/2013 and desire to share with friends but every link I copy always takes me to the sign in screen which won’t work for sharing with friends.

Here is the link to the new album “Sunset 4/20/2013” how can I get to it so that my friends can view it without knowing my login ID and password?

I’m very frustrated L

• 23. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

Did you read the faq that shows how to share albums on each platform?

FAQ: How do I share my photos in Revel?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5092831#5092831

You will be copying and  sharing a link that Revel creates and sending it by email, text, posting in facebook, etc.

Pattie

1 person found this helpful
                                                    • 24. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                                      astrong49 Level 1

Duh, guess I didn’t explore enough….sorry to have bothered you but thanks for the info it works J

• 25. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                                        astrong49 Level 1

Okay we are making a little progress…so I see I am also suppose to be able to edit my photo’s but I do not see any icons that lead me to editing.

Please also send me the link to FAQ as I’m not finding it either.

My biggest frustration now is not being able to organize the pictures in my desired sequence in an album. Any suggestions? Oh and I found out that if I edit a photo using Photoshop the creation date changes and it again moves to a new sequence in the photo album totally out of sequence so being able to arrange in my own sequence is key.

Thanks.

• 26. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

I am glad we are making progress.  Here are the links to the faq's:

forums.adobe.com/community/ps.com_sharing_and_storage/faq

http://www.photoshop.com/misc/membership-faq

http://www.adobe.com/products/revel/faq.html

The sequencing sorting issue is a commonly requested one. The photos are sorted by date right now and we hope to have other ways to sort in the future. We have compiled the customer suggesting and shared them with product management.

Pattie

• 27. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

Regarding editing. see this link:

FAQ: How do I edit photos in Revel?
                                                            http://forums.adobe.com/message/5088287#5088287

IF you are using a pc, you will notice that the web browser version of Revel does not offer editing capabilities. We do have plans to release Revel for Windows and Android in the future but don’t have specific timing for their release yet. You do, however have some options for editing and getting photos to revel:

You can use the editor of your choice, Photoshop Elements 11 or Lightroom and upload to Revel from there, You can use older versions of Photoshop Elements or Photoshop or any other editing program and save the photos to your hard disk and then upload to Revel.

You also have access to the Photoshop.com Photoshop express editor if you are not a user of Elements or another editing program. I gave instructions to another user on this post if you are interested.
                                                            http://forums.adobe.com/message/5232833#5232833

I will go back and review all of your quesions and see what else I may still need to answer

Pattie

• 28. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                                              astrong49 Level 1

One problem it states “You can edit a photo on your Mac, iPad, or iPhone using Adobe Revel.” I am on a PC using MS XP. Do not see that as an option did I miss something or is that still to come?

• 29. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

You may have missed my last post prior to yours.  Check it out and see if that helps answer all the editing questions.

Pattie

• 30. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                                                  astrong49 Level 1

Is this what you are referring to”

The sequencing sorting issue is a commonly requested one. The photos are sorted by date right now and we hope to have other ways to sort in the future. We have compiled the customer suggesting and shared them with product management.

If this is the case then I have some waiting to do.

I’m also asking about the editing from a PC running XP what’s up with this ability….waiting too?

Again appreciate your responses just frustrated that I’ve been cut off with so many things I’m use to just because I’m on a PC platform L

• 31. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

Nope, just below that post, I posted the information below.  By the way, which part are you feeling cut off from by having a pc. Other than editing, adoberevel.com for PC has nearly all of the same features as the apps do.

Pattie

PREVIOUS POST: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1192702?tstart=0

Regarding editing. see this link:

FAQ: How do I edit photos in Revel?
                                                                    http://forums.adobe.com/message/5088287#5088287

IF you are using a pc, you will notice that the web browser version of Revel does not offer editing capabilities. We do have plans to release Revel for Windows and Android in the future but don’t have specific timing for their release yet. You do, however have some options for editing and getting photos to revel:

You can use the editor of your choice, Photoshop Elements 11 or Lightroom and upload to Revel from there, You can use older versions of Photoshop Elements or Photoshop or any other editing program and save the photos to your hard disk and then upload to Revel.

You also have access to the Photoshop.com Photoshop express editor if you are not a user of Elements or another editing program. I gave instructions to another user on this post if you are interested.
                                                                    http://forums.adobe.com/message/5232833#5232833

I will go back and review all of your quesions and see what else I may still need to answer

Pattie

• 32. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                                                      astrong49 Level 1

Sorry guess somehow I’m not seeing all the great information you are providing.

Let me start again, I thought I could edit right in AdobeRevel.com mode. I do have other editing features in XP and Photoshop elements v8 that I have. Yes then I can import into an album but then the “arrange” and “tag” features disappear. I like to have my pictures sometimes tell a story so arranging them in the sequence I want not by creation date is required. Second being able to provide a tag or description under the picture when displayed in the slide show in then needed. And of course I’ve mentioned using Windows Movie Maker to make my own slide show with added music and extra informational slides inserted.

So for now there is no editor for PC users within Revel, correct?

From the information I’ve told you what exactly has been submitted for enhancements to Revel for PC users?

How long do you think it will be before any of these added features may become a usable feature for PC users?

Thanks again for all your help and sorry I haven’t been seeing everything you have provided first round.

Alan J

• 33. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel

So for now there is no editor for PC users within Revel, correct?

Correct

From the information I’ve told you what exactly has been submitted for enhancements to Revel for PC users?

Everything you wrote

How long do you think it will be before any of these added features may become a usable feature for PC users?

I am unable to offer a timeline

Thanks again for all your help and sorry I haven’t been seeing everything you have provided first round.

No problem. I don't mind at all.

Pattie

• 34. Re: Sequencing photos in an album within Adobe Revel
                                                                          astrong49 Level 1

Thanks again for all the help!

I’ll keep our conversation so if I run into anything else I can communicate with you since you know my background and our history now.

Thanks,

Alan