5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2007 4:24 PM by kevin-net2

i really need help with my site

kevin-net2
      hi

can anybody help me with the following

i am making some sort of windows but then in flash but i want something in it that can chance the background when the swf file is in use

i thought the following and pls tell me if this is possible

oke i have 3 wallpapers (test1.jpg ,test2.jpg and test3.jpg)
      i thought i can place them in layers in flash(so i want 3 layers with 3 diffrent backgrounds)
      and then i need something that does the following
      when i want the test 1.jpg layer as background it must hide the test 2 and 3 layers if you know what i mean

oh yeh sorry for my bad english i am only a student in the netherlands

if you know something pls post

kevin
        • 1. i really need help with my site
          Boxing Boom Level 1
          Hi,

Not sure I undertand you here; is the page HTML simply containing the swf as a small portion, or is it a full page swf? Get me?
          Also, storyboard your design, and think does this effect look cool. Basically, is this effect required, whats its purpose?
          ;)

Kind Regards,

Boxing Boom
          • 2. Re: i really need help with my site
            kevin-net2 Level 1
            its a full swf site

i know my english is bad but ill try to explain it again

i am making some sort of windows but then as a flash version (its for my psp)
            and i want 3 layers for backgrounds the first one contains test1.jpg the second one contains test2.jpg and the thirth one contains test3.jpg and i am gonna make something that the user of this windows can chance the background and it will work like this when i click on the button for background 1 (test1.jpg and also the first layer) the other layers just hides so i cant see them anymore and when i click on the background 2 the first and the thirth layer must dissapear

ill hope you now understand it a little bit more

kevin
            • 3. Re: i really need help with my site
              Boxing Boom Level 1
              Hi,

I think it best for you to go through a really great tutorial on;

www.gotoandlearn.com

Full Browser Flash - Great Tutorial!

Kind Regards,

Boxing Boom
              • 4. Re: i really need help with my site
                robdillon Most Valuable Participant
                I would place each of those background images in a single movieclip in sequential frames. One frame per image. Then move from frame to frame to show the background image.

Alternately, you could use layers on the timeline. Make each background image a movieClip. Name each of the movieClips. Set the visible property for each of the movieClip backgrounds on or off as needed.
                • 5. Re: i really need help with my site
                  kevin-net2 Level 1
                  really thanks rob thats a great idea of that movie clip