13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2013 4:56 PM by Scott V

Archiving photos problem

loiskappsalans

I am unable to archive my ~3000 photos. Using the downloader, archiving proceeds smoothly for first 250 photos, then "pauses". I am unable to get past the pause. Hitting resume button doesn't work. Message says "make sure your server is accessible". Can someone please tell me what the problem is and how I fix it so that I can archive all my photos before Adobe Revel takes over.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Archiving photos problem
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Lois-

Sorry you are having difficulty with this. I will look into it for you.  What browser are you using?

Pattie

• 2. Re: Archiving photos problem
            loiskappsalans Level 1

Thank you. Here is more detail.

I use Firefox (or I can internet explorer 7).

I first launch the "Media Downloader". No problem.

For a short period the launcher is "gathering information".

This is followed by "downloading" of my photos to a designated folder on my

hard drive. There are 3603 photos occupying a total size of 11.06 GB. I have

plenty of free space (.100 GB)

During the downloading, the window shows the number of photos so far

downloaded. At some point, I get the following error:

" The download has unexpectedly paused. Check if your drive is accessible

and click resume to continue."

As far as I can tell, the drive is accessible. I click on resume and nothing

happens. I cannot download any more photos. At this point today, only 32% of

my photos were downloaded. Yesterday, ~20% were downloaded.

I then have the option to close the window or cancel.

I am quite frustrated, as you might imagine. I need all of my photos

archived. Please help me do so. If you cannot, is there another way for me

to get them downloaded to my computer or an external drive?

Thank you very much,

Lois

• 3. Re: Archiving photos problem

Lois

Thanks for the additional information. I am having the migration team look into this.

Pattie

• 4. Re: Archiving photos problem
                alvaromalo

Trying to archive my current files — all JPG.

Installation opf 'Adobe Media Dowloader' has stalled for hours, in both my iMac desktop and MacAir laptop — using either Safari or Firefox.

Also, I received an e-mail that my migration is 'complete' — when I login to Revel, 'My Library' tab is there (upper left corner) but nothing shows.

Any HELP, please.

Thank you, Álvaro

• 5. Re: Archiving photos problem

Alvaro-

Regarding Revel :

Did you already have a Revel account when your files were migrated?  If you did not, then the photos would move to <YOUR FIRST NAME HERE>'s library. IF you already had an account  with an existing library and photos, then migrated files would be moved to a library named "Photoshop.com library". To change libraries, use the menu on the upper left at adoberevel.com, or go into Settings, if on iOS or Mac.

Regarding media downloader:

Sorry you are having touble downloading. Did you load adobe air first? Try using Chrome as it updates flash automatically and keeps itself up to date. Let us know if this helps

Pattie

• 6. Re: Archiving photos problem
                    alvaromalo Level 1

Thank you for your prompt response and willingness to help.

ON MY MacBOOK AIR

I am operating on a Mac OS X Version 10.8.3 — downloaded and installed most recent version of Adobe Air and Adobe Media Downloader

RE: MEDIA DOWNLOADER:

I logged into the Revel website using alternative browsers — Safari 6.0.4, Firefox 19.0.2, Chrome 26.0.1410.65

Launched the Adobe Media Downloader several times, loged in to my Adobe account: verifies info and takes me to the 'Photoshop.com' with message 'updating' and stays there forever...

Logged into  http://www.adoberevel.com, on the upper left there is an 'Alvaro's Library' tab, when I click it nothing shows up

I received an email saying that migration is complete. What was migrated? — nothing is there.

I click 'Photos' tab on the upper middle and picture from my iPhoto/iPhone Library show

When I launch the Revel app, I click a tab 'Alvaro's Carousel' on upper left and it is empty.

I click 'Settings' and 'Photoshop.com Library' the pictures are there. How long will they stay there?ON MY iPHONE 6.1.3

'Alvaro's Library' has imported photos from my iPhone photo library — the only one that shows in 'Settings'

There is NO 'Photoshop.com Library'

Still no luck downloading and archiving my existing pictures...

Thank you very much for any further help.

Álvaro

• 7. Re: Archiving photos problem
                      alvaromalo Level 1

Sorry for the format, above. Copied and pasted from a returned e-mail — it was all messed up.

• 8. Re: Archiving photos problem

No problem. We'll have the team look into your issues further and we will get back to you.

Pattie

• 9. Re: Archiving photos problem
                          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Alvaro,

How many pictures did you have in your Photoshop.com account? Did you happen to have a different email address that woud be associated to your Photoshop.com account? As you stated there was not anything migrated to Revel. I looked and did not see any images that were migrated.

Scott

• 10. Re: Archiving photos problem
                            alvaromalo Level 1

Scott,

I had 6 albums with a total of 463 pictures — all .jpg files, although there may have been a few .tiff

The e-mail I used to login at the http://www.photoshop.com/home account is amalo2205@gmail.com

The e-mail I use to login to my Adobe account, which is the same I am now using to login at https://www.adoberevel.com/libraries/3ddc5511c23c4bf7abe140bf58da07d6/albums is malo@u.arizona.edu

On my MacBook Air OS X 10.8.3

RE: REVEL:

Logged into  http://www.adoberevel.com, on the upper left there is an 'Alvaro's Library' tab, when I click it nothing shows up

I received an email saying that migration is complete. What was migrated? — nothing is there.

I click 'Photos' tab on the upper middle and picture from my iPhoto/iPhone Library show up

When I launch the Revel app, I click a tab 'Alvaro's Carousel' on upper left and it is empty.

I click 'Settings' and 'Photoshop.com Library' the pictures are there. How long will they stay there?

On my iPhone 6.1.3

'Alvaro's Library' has imported photos from my iPhone photo library — the only one that shows in 'Settings'

There is NO 'Photoshop.com Library'

RE: MEDIA DOWNLOADER

I logged into the http://www.photoshop.com/home account using alternative browsers — Safari 6.0.4, Firefox 19.0.2, Chrome 26.0.1410.65

Launched the Adobe Media Downloader several times, as requested, loged in to my Adobe account, which verifies info and takes me to the 'Photoshop.com' with message 'updating' and stays there forever...

I want to be able to archive the pictures before it is too late...

Thank you very much for your help.

Álvaro

• 11. Re: Archiving photos problem

Alvaro,

All of your images are in your Revel account under the email amalo2205@gmail.com. Please log in to Revel using that email address as you should see your images there. Goto Adoberevel.com, select to sign in with your Adobe ID and then sign in with your gmail email. If you have problems just click on the "trouble signing in" link to reset the password. This will only reset your password for use with your Adobe ID, it wont reset your gmail account password. Pattie and I have both tested this with our own accounts.

You can have 2 Revel accounts if you want as they are free. If you want to change your email address for the main Revel account then you can do so here https://www.adobe.com/account/sign-in.adobedotcom.html

Let me know if you can see your images

thanks

Scott

• 12. Re: Archiving photos problem
                                alvaromalo Level 1

Scott V,

Indeed, it is all there — thank you.

Also the dowload and archiving is working now .

Thank you, again.

Álvaro

• 13. Re: Archiving photos problem

Alvaro,

Good to hear this, as we are glad that you can see your images and able to download your images now.

Thanks

Scott