I am following along a simple tutorial in "The Essential
Guide to Flex 2 with Actionscript 3" where i create a component,
create a folder for my components in the Flex Project and then add
the namespace to the main application file. When back in the main
file, I am unable to call my component. No matter what i do or
where I put it the main app will not recognize it. When creating
the component, I notice Flex 3 mandates puting it in the 'src'
folder where my main app is. So I did that and still ...nada...this
is driving me bonkers...I can't get to square 1 here...Does anyone
else experience this madness? Any help wold be appreciated!
Then in the Components folder, you're supposed to be able to
put a Flex Component file with source code in it. According to the
book, when you start typing <comp: ... it's supposed to list out
the component but that doesn't happen in Flex 3 as it does in Flex
I just tried this myself, and it worked for me. Here's what I
1. Create new project "MyProj"
2. In the Flex Navigator view, click on the "src" folder
3. File > New, Folder, to create a folder named "comp"
4. Click on the "comp" folder
5. File > New, MXML Component; name it "Form_Components".
That creates a file called MyProj\src\comp\Form_Components.mxml
6. Open MyProj.mxml
7. Inside the body of the document, type "<comp:Form_" and
then Enter, or "<Form_" and then Enter.