5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 2:32 PM by 99jon

pse 11 collage changing file extention

Smokeynan Level 1

How can I save a collage in another format.  I want to export a collage to be used in other software programs.  I'm using a macbookpro os x 10.6.8

• 1. Re: pse 11 collage changing file extention
          Barbara B. Level 7

If you use the organizer you can do it that way, by using the export command.

If not, you have to do it the sneaky way. I don't know why adobe is making collages save as .pse files, but a PSE file is actually a package containing a regular psd file for each page. It's really only suitable for multipage projects. You can get the regular psd file for your collage out of the package. Just save the PSE file to your desktop, then right-click it and choose Show Package Contents. You'll see a folder with the psd file inside. Drag the psd file out of the folder and discard the folder. The PSD file will open in PSE like any other psd file and can be resaved in any other format.

• 2. Re: pse 11 collage changing file extention
            99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When your project is complete in Expert Mode you should see two buttons at the bottom. Save & Close. If you click save you should get a PSD. Then use File >> Save As and choose jpeg. Save a jpeg copy to your pictures folder and import into iPhoto etc.

• 3. Re: pse 11 collage changing file extention
              Smokeynan Level 1

This worked well.  Thanks

• 4. Re: pse 11 collage changing file extention
                Smokeynan Level 1

When I clicked at the bottom on the SAVE, I do not get a choice of saving as a PSD file.  It will only save as a pse file, so I don have a choice of saving as a jpeg file as I would like.  I did do as Barbara B suggested and saved to the desktop, then opned the Show Package Contents, found the psd file and double clicked it and it open in preview where i could copy and then paste into my scrapbook program.   So I completed what I was trying to do, but still do not have it saved as a jpeg file.

• 5. Re: pse 11 collage changing file extention
                  99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If your project is not for print, you can open the PSE project and choose File >> Save For Web

You then get choices for jpeg, gif, png etc.

Otherwise use your PSD and then:

File >>Save As