• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does RoboHelp 9 support creation of footnotes in tables (or anywhere)?

Participant ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked in the Help, in the forums, and in the product, and can't find any way to insert footnotes in a table.

Thanks. Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

There is nothing to stop you putting a single cell table at the bottom of the topic and adding notes there in a different style.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carol

Footnotes are not really a concept used in onlne help. Maybe use text popups or dropdown text?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

I wanted to include footnotes in several tables, to avoid repeating the same note over and over in table cells. I guess I could'v/should'v used a snippet, and perhaps will go back and edit those cells to use a snippet.

I'm not sure why footnotes would not be a concept in online Help -- they're useful in documentation when the footnotes is in a table or even on the same page.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to stop you putting a single cell table at the bottom of the topic and adding notes there in a different style.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. That may be a better way than repeating the text I've been repeating. -- Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp