2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2013 8:54 AM by Rick Gerard

adjusting shape layer handles

Fyin.com Level 1

Hello,

May be a silly question, but I seem to run into this issue quite a bit.  After I create a shape layer, I'd like to be able to freely move the verticies within the shape layer.  Sometimes I have a wireframe look, like this:

handles.png

and sometimes I have a look like this:

nohandles.png

with this look, when I try to grab a handle, it scales the entire shape layer.  Thoughts?  I thought you just needed to have the pen tool selected (when your cursor turns into the black arrowhead), but I can't seem to get that working...

• 1. Re: adjusting shape layer handles
          Fyin.com Level 1

I should note that the shape layer was created by clicking and dragging a rectangle.  Can you only change points when you make shape layers with the pen tool?

• 2. Re: adjusting shape layer handles
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Only shape layers generated with the pen tool have handles. The other types are controlled in the properties of the shape layer in the timeline. To select the handles and be able to manipulate them open up the contents of the shape layer, find the Path, select the path and then click and drag.

This works:

Screen-Shot-2013-04-17-at-8.36.31-AM.jpg

This doesn't but it will allow you to double click on the path and bring up a path transform tool:

Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 8.37.37 AM.png