0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2013 9:27 AM by JoseAjáAjá

Sony Tablet S:Device appears to be offline. Restarting the device may fix the problem.

JoseAjáAjá Level 1

Hi,

PROBLEM

I'm using Flash Builder 4.6 with Apache Flex SDK 4.9.1 for building an Android application in Windows 7.

The debug in my Android tablet, a Sony Tablet S (SGPT111CO/S) used to work perfectly.

All of the sudden (I think because of an AIR runtime automatic update in the tablet), the device stopped communicating with the Flash Builder either for debugging or for playing the application.

Sometimes (usually the first time), Flash builder says:

"Device appears to be offline. Restarting the device may fix the problem"

Other times (usually the second and following times), it just doesn't show the device, and says:

"Flash builder could not find a connected device"

STEPS ALREADY TAKEN

1. I already found and tried the previous solution on the matter in: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5076869
        That doesn't seem to be the problem.

2. I also navigated to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.9.1\lib\android\bin" and, using the command prompt "adb devices", and I get the response:

adb server is out of date.  killing...
        * daemon started successfully *
        List of devices attached
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX device

Where "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" is the id of the device. This shows that the adb.exe seems to detect the device.

3. I also tried to repeat the steps in: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/mobileapps/WSa8161994b114d624-33657d5912b7ab2d73b-7fdf.ht ml.

The only step that puzzles me was the "Instal USB device drivers for Android devices (Windows)", because I get two hardware IDs for my device, as the following image shows:
        sonyTabletS.png

I've used both hardware IDs in the device's properties, but one at a time.

I'm running out of ideas, as nothing seems to work.

Thanks guys!