22 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2014 2:44 PM by fansoftmedia

Director iOS Showroom

mdmoser Level 1

Do you have something made with Director available on iTunes? Please, share here with the community.

• 1. Re: Director iOS Showroom
          MrSkyRider Level 1

Really, do no one have a app they can take credit for on the App store?

I'll start then...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyrider/id617663191?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

You can find more screenshots, a movie and shockwave version on http://www.mindray.se/skyrider/

I must say the iOS version is the most fun. Because you get a analog input you can fly smoother.

To get a good framerate on iOS deveices I needed to have a framerate of 200+  on my computer, that gave around 20+ on a iPad3. So one has to scale down the graphics major. A lot of speed came from turning nearfiltering off where possible, quality to low on most textures. And not having so many textures in one shader. And of course reducing the number of models helped a bit.

Enjoy!

SkyRider

• 2. Re: Director iOS Showroom
            mdmoser Level 1

Thanks for sharing! Great game! How hard was it to get a Director game into the Mac App Store as well ?

• 3. Re: Director iOS Showroom
              MrSkyRider Level 1

Well if you have messed with codesign and sandboxing and all that before, it's not that hard.

• Trim the fat of all xtras (if they have any)(you can find more about this in some other discussion here).

• You then need to fix the bundle-id's on adobes framework and xtras, because they use incorrect characters so it's impossible to submit. You must replace "_" with "-" or some thing.

• Codesign all the xtras.

• Codesign the framework.

• Adobe have finaly moved the start.ini file inside the bundle and added a line in the info.plist, so you write the path to the start movie.

• Codesign the whole app, with the Entitlements you need/want.

• Then you're good to go!

• 4. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                Qubed Studios Level 1

Did you manage to get around the "non retina" problem or did you simply submit your app before May 1st?

• 5. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                  MrSkyRider Level 1

Well yes and no. I actually managed to get two update in before May 1st, one is on hold so I get more promo codes.

It didn't work just changing DTSDKName. So I made a "Hello world!" app in xcode, and then looked at the info.plist. I then change all tags, that where build/compile-related. And that worked! So I could submit the last one with correct start-images for all iOS deveices.

So I'm waiting one-two weeks before I realseing  this last one, then I'll try resubmiting it again and see if they just let it pass, or if they notice is running in half resolution.

Since I don't get the update, I cant submit a new app...

• 6. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                    tonytamb Level 1

just wondering:"Trim the fat of all xtras (if they have any)"

Does that mean we can use external xtras that are currently not supported this way for iOS/iPAD?

• 7. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                      MrSkyRider Level 1

No, trim the fat is only for OSX apps. For iOS you only have the default xtras to play with.

• 8. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                        tonytamb Level 1

ok. thanks for your reply!

• 9. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                          tester_10 Level 1

How did you manage to add launch images to Info.plist  file?

Apple sent me this notification email after i uploaded the file:

"Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Wolf and the 7 Little Goats".   To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:    

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All apps must include a launch image with the -568h size modifier immediately following the <basename> portion of the launch image's filename. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and iOS App Programming Guide.

Once   these issues have been corrected,   go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.  

Regards,

The App Store team"

How can i solve this issue?

• 10. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                            fansoftmedia Level 1

MrSkyRider,

You mention:

"You then need to fix the bundle-id's on adobes framework and xtras, because they use incorrect characters so it's impossible to submit. You must replace "_" with "-" or some thing."

When I change those (using Adobe Director 12) it the projector from working any more.

Do you have a bare stub projector you can share?

Thanks for any help!

• 11. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                              Doc Raman Level 1

My company has our 400+ simulatiuons wrapped in a single "Gizmos app." Not much you can do with it if you are a subscriber to our educational website, so not worth downloading for the vast majority of people

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gizmos/id692838319?mt=8

• 12. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                Shylock74 Level 1

We have three apps in the App Store.

Two of them are the same but one is free with limitations:

http://www.trackfinger.com

the other is this one:

http://trackfinger.com/trackslate

• 13. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                  fansoftmedia Level 1

Do any of you use any File Management methods in your apps (opening/saving files)?

It seems as all of the old methods don't work (including Buddy API baGetFilename) with Codesigned apps for Mac OSX (at least for Mavericks).

If so, what has been your work around?

• 14. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                    Milky_au Level 3

Hi Fansoftmedia,

I'm using setPref & getPref for iPad apps, as well as postNetText & getNetText for server side saving.

Can't help (yet) with any info to do with 'code signed' apps for the Mac OSX app store - as I haven't done one yet

But I'll be in the same boat soon - and will also need a fix

regards

Milky

• 15. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                      fansoftmedia Level 1

Yeah, I'm actually primary having issues with "'code signed' apps for the Mac OSX app store", specifically with dealing with File Management.

• 16. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                        Milky_au Level 3

( Without Buddy API working, I'll be stuffed )

I've got to ask - what type of error do you get after you code sign?

Or... Does the code signing fail because of 'Buddy API'?

Or... does Apple reject the app with a fail notice because of 'Buddy API'

How about the old xtra "fileio" function ? - I kind of thought that 'fileio' worked with everything

(But 'fileio' does not create folders!!!)

Somebody has to know a way to code sign the 'Buddy API' xtra!!!

Maybe start a new thread on the topic - and we could all push for a hot fix - lol

regards

Milky

• 17. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                          fansoftmedia Level 1

Basically, the application will just crash when attempting to use the Buddy API baGetFilename call if an application is codesigned. The old FileIO Xtra doesn't crash things, but it will just not open the file dialogue.

• 18. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                            Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

and we could all push for a hot fix - lol

Having determined that the problem actually lies with Buddy API and not something else, I'd be surprised if Gary wasn't happy to implement a fix with minimal pushing required.

• 19. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                              fansoftmedia Level 1

I've actually contacted him several times Sean, but he's never responded to me.

Do you have a more direct line to him?

• 20. Re: Director iOS Showroom

Just an email address. I've never had a problem with responsiveness

• 21. Re: Director iOS Showroom

And now I see on Direct-L someone else complaining about Gary's disinterest in support. It was a couple of years back that I last needed help with something. It sounds like you should pursue the MacWindowUtilsXtra - as you saw, Marcel had it work on OSX versions prior to Mavericks

• 22. Re: Director iOS Showroom
                                                    fansoftmedia Level 1

Yeah, I think Gary maybe gave up on that.

The MacWindowUtilsXtra works on 10.8 and above. I actually had some back and forth with the developer about that, and he basically agreed that it doesn't work on 10.75 (and maybe before that too), and there's nothing he can do about it.