A number of people have reported similar problems when trying to edit video from a DVR -- and it only gets more challenging when the video is run through a third-party program like Terratec Home Cinema.
There really is no pretty solution here. I would very much recommend against using Premiere Elements for this process.
Doesn't Terratec come with its own editing software?
Is the OOS (Out Of Sync) static, or dynamic?
It seems to almost be a given, that if a DVR device (TiVo, DirectTV, etc.), or a capture card, such as a Turtle Beach, Hauppage, etc., is involved, the resulting file will loose sync. However, such as with the Turtle Beach, that loss of sync is static, and easily corrected with but an unlinking of the Audio from the Video, and then a nudge on the Audio Clip, the number of Frames that constitute the OOS.
This article goes into more detail on correcting OOS: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1982330#1982330
Good luck, and let us know a bit more about your OOS issue.
Thanks for the fast replies!
I tried rendering again. It is syncron now. The only thing I changed was the Bit-Rate-Coding. Now i used VBR 2-Pass instead of 1-Pass.
Another possible reason for the OOS may be that I didn't restart the PC after installing PE (as I was asked).
The 2-pass probably allowed the program to vary the Bit-Rate per the Video footage with more percision, rather than the general 1-pass method, that got close, but was still a bit off related to the CBR Audio.
The good news is that you now have it, where you want it.
Now another issue occured. Another film (h264,720p, Audio: AC3, Foramt: TS) has a problem with its audio track while cutting with PE11. The commercial is normal, but when the actual film starts, vioces are hardly or not hearable while the background music and the rest of the sound track is hearable normally. VLC and WMP play the film normally.
Has everyone already experienced a smiilar problem?
The commercial likely only contained a 2-channel (Stereo) Audio Stream, where the program content contained DD 5.1 SS in DD AC3. It sounds like you were (before you ran it through XMedia Recode) only getting the LS (Left Surround) and RS (Right Surrond), or rear channels only. Most dialog is fed to the Center channel, with some to LF (Left Front) and RF (Right Front).
Though not in video editing, I have encountered such with a home theater system, which fed Audio to a separate amp and speakers in another room - only the LS and RS channels were being fed from the receiver. To correct that, I had to replace that receiver with one that had a full second stage. In my case, the Center channel was completely missing, with little, if any LF & RF - only LS & RS.
Glad that you found a solution, and posted that.