2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2013 10:27 AM by raeme32

Restricting access to a form based questionnaire

raeme32 Level 1

Thanks in advance for any advice.  I want to embed a formscentral research questionnaire (html) on my website, and only allow the research participants access to it. Also, they can only have access to the form once. If the same respondent submits twice or more, or others find a link to the form it will ruin the data collected. How can this be achieved? Thanks

• 1. Re: Restricting access to a form based questionnaire
          raeme32 Level 1

So, how do you prevent duplicate submission of a form (eg ballot stuffing)? This seems to be possible in Survey Monkey via the email invitation, eg only one response per email invitation. Does this work the same in FormsCentral?

• 2. Re: Restricting access to a form based questionnaire
            raeme32 Level 1

Thanks for the email reply. I’m left wondering why that isn’t stated from the outset, or written into one of the FAQ’s, since accuracy in surveys is pretty much survey 101. So, I understand that there is no way to prevent someone clicking the submit button 20, 30, 0r 100 times. I’m thinking that there’s not much point in being able to send a link to the people in your target group if they can pass it on to literally anyone else. By contrast, Survey Monkey sends a unique link to respondents that only allow one submission.

What good are all the cute analysis tools, filters, and charts if a survey isn’t accurate? Not very good at all. In its current form this application is lacking some fundamental features. It certainly cannot be seriously considered as useful for surveys, unless the results don’t matter. I guess it wouldn’t matter if you weren’t charging money for this, but you are, so very untidy indeed! Don’t get me wrong, I like many adobe apps, and use them, but this seems to be an unfinished project.

This is just a suggestion, but why not try to fix this rather obvious deficiency? Then you would have a good product that you could market based on ‘accurate results’ not just bells & whistles. At present I think you have the basis of a good product, but it needs some work. Cheers