17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2014 10:15 PM by pwillener RSS

Please help... I keep getting a pop up box about Shockwave Flash not responding.

Lady_Ann Community Member

For about 2 weeks now, I keep getting this pop up box that says:

Warning:  Unresponsive Plugin

Shockwave Flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.  You can stop the plug now, or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete.

Everytime it happens which is muiltiple times an hour and on any web page that has flash I am assuming, everything freezes up before the box pops up, during and after for a few mins. Sometimes my browser does not unfreeze, and I have to open my task manager to close it down. I have tried finding ways to fix this, but no luck. I found this EXACT SAME question asked a few times in THESE forums, and no answers given to those people, so I HOPE I get the help here...

I am using windows 7 home premium 64 bit, & firefox is my browser. Everything is up to date, adobe flash ( 11.7.700.169 ), firefox ( 20.0.1 ), and etc... adobe flash IS enabled, same as the plugin.

Some of the things I have tried so far...

hardware acceleration - is already off

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling adobe flash  many times, I have also tried this with my anti virus turned off first.

I even tried uninstalling adobe flash, and my firefox browser, then reinstalling adobe first, and then firefox after (I also did this in reverse, installing firefox then adobe flash)

*on other thing I wanted to mention is in my "flash player settings manager" under the advance tab, it says that "active x" is not installed.