• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 140300 Adobe Reader X Update

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever Adobe Reader X (10.1.4) updates, it always failes. The error code is 140300. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Reader X and have manually downloaded updates found here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows. Neither of these worked.

System:

Vista

SP2

32-bit

Did anyone experience similar issues and how did you fix it?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to install downloaded updates or expected Updater to install them?

Error 140300 stands for "download file" error. There could be many reasons for that, for example your BITs Windows Service is not functioning properly.

I would recommend to uninstall completely and install latest version 11.x from Adobe.com

If you need to stay on 10x, try to install downloaded updates manually.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thank you for helping. I have unistalled and reinstalled the file directly from Adobe's download site. Here is what I have done so far:

1) uninstalled using Programs and Features Uninstall/Change Program

2) Rebooted computer

3) went to Adobe's website to download Adobe Reader

4) After installing and after a couple minutes have passed Avast pop up states that Adobe Acrobat update is available

5) After selecting to Install, Adobe pop up states that an update is available

6) After Adobe downloads the update, it will state Update Failed and provides the error.

I usually get an Error 140300, but this time it is an Error 130200.

I tried following your advice and uninstalled Adobe X. After rebooting, I went on Adobe to download Adobe XI. But Adobe X (10.1.4) download site keeps appearing (http://get.adobe.com/reader/). Reading some discussions, it seems that Adobe XI is not available for Vista 32 bit.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines