• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Copy Books to Nook with ADE 2.0 on Mac

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any hints on getting around a "IO Cannot Open Failed to Write Destination File" error in ADE 2.0, Mac version?

After fighting with and babying an older ADE version, I uninstalled the older version and installed 2.0. My Nook is authorized but I cannot copy either borrowed library book files or other book files without expiration dates.

Any advice greatly appreciated. ADE is the bane of my e-reading experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three possibilities:

~~~~~~

Is your ADE 2.0 properly registered to your AdobeID?

It can sometimes get into a half-registered state: I think attempted upgrade from 1.7.2 is one situation where this can happen.

Enter cmd-shift-D to ADE (ctrl-shift-D if on PC) to remove any old (possible bad) registration.

Restart ADE, and register with your Adobe ID again.

~~~~~~

It's just possible the Nook has coincidentally become full just as you updated.

~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  If earlier ADE was already a bane beforehand, ADE2.0 has introduced lots of new traps.

Reinstalling v1.7.2 helps in lots of cases.

On the PC you can run v2.0 and v1.7.2 on the same machine; not sure if you can on Mac.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestions. Tried/checked out all three and no luck.

Re-registering 2.0 didn't change the error message. Still unable to copy books both borrowed and purchased.

Plenty of room on the Nook. In fact, I recently archived many books.

Re-installed 1.7.2 and it is a corrupted mess. Get a blank white box. The authorization button shows briefly, but is unclickable and then disappears. Lots of spinning beach ball time and finally I am able to close the program.

Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume the Nook is still correctly registered to your AdobeID.

A possible workaround (not always so convenient, but ...) is to copy the .epub files from the Mac to the Nook using the Mac Finder (or other file manager).

You should always be able to do the copy, and as long as the registered AdobeIDs match you should be able to read the books find on the Nook.

(If it fails, that it shows there is something odd in the Mac/Nook connection.)

1. Borrow/buy books to get the .acsm file (as usual)
  2. Use ADE to process the .acsm and download the DRM protected .epub (as usual)
  3. Use Finder to copy the .epub (instead of copying using ADE)
  4. Read on the Nook. (as usual)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines