3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 4:09 PM by the_wine_snob

Failed Edit Screan Loading

5emesto

Hello community of Adobe.

Recently my Premiere Elements 10 has not been working correctly. It first windowed it's self so small and off the screan that I couldn't get to it. I had to use the alt>tab key cmd to even be able to view it. Once I did this I loaded a project that was already made, just a few tweaks and I could upload it to YouTube. I was greated by a screan of nothing. Even when going to Windows in the app header I couldn't open any of the things needed to so much as watch the clip. Even after importing movie files I still don't have anything to work with.

APEE.png

Does anyone have any ways that I would get around this to be able to edit my videos?

• 1. Re: Failed Edit Screan Loading
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This appears to be a classic video driver issue.

What is the OS that you are using?

What is the make and model of your video card?

What is the number and date of the installed video driver?

I would look over this article on video driver updating: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/948651?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Failed Edit Screan Loading
            5emesto Level 1

Could be but I just updated and have no luck, still the same issues.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel HD Graphics 4000 updated last on 1/18/2012 and version is 8.15.10.2626

As I said once I hit "Update Driver" than auto seach for updates I get the result of "The best driver software for your device is already installed"

It's quite odd, I have a late 2012 PC and have yet to have any issues with the graphics other than this. Still game and do everything else it does just fine.

• 3. Re: Failed Edit Screan Loading
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I would first go to the Intel site, and manually check there. That driver is almost 18 mos. old. Windows, and most driver utilities, are usually only about 6-8 mos. out of date, but it could be that Intel has not issued a driver for your embedded chip, since Jan, 2012.

If you have a Dell, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, or any other major mfgr., check their site, as each has been known to re-write drivers to suit their version of hardware and OS.

Intel makes great chips, but unfortunately, their driver support is non-existant. For video editing, I do not recommend the Intel embedded graphics chips, due to the total lack of driver support. I only recommend nVidia, or AMD/ATI. For general computing, that does not interface with the video driver much, the Intel chips are fine.

As for everything else working fine, a video editor, like PrE, will need to interface with the video driver much more than any other program, with the exception of heavy 3D apps., CAD programs, and extreme games. As the extreme gaming industy drives video card/chip companies, they issue updated drivers almost monthly, as even a simple OS update can render the video driver obsolete.

To see some of the issues, just do a Search of this forum (from the main page - Ask a Question - for "Intel."

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful