4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 6:53 PM by RodWard

Can't Publish Due to File Size

Denakins

I'm using Captivate 4. I need to create a video demonstration using my iPad. I'm currently utilizing a screen sharing app to mirror my iPad screen on my laptop. Using this, I created a 6 minute demonstration with audio and text boxes. The file was broken into 21 slides and is huge! About 320,000 KB. What can I do to size this recroding down so that I can publish it? I've tried recording using the full motion option at 16 bit and lower resolution. Is there anything else I should be doing? I need to create about 8 videos all ranging from 5-13 minutes in length.

• 1. Re: Can't Publish Due to File Size
          Shekhar_Dhiman Adobe Employee

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching Adobe Forums.

Well generally it should not be giving you any problems. Try rescaling the project to lower resolution and also check for the unused items in the Library.

Also on what operating system you are running it?

Are you getting any specific error while publishing?

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Can't Publish Due to File Size
            Denakins Level 1

My initial large recording was a total of 21 slides at 364,145.6KB with a resolution of 894 x 671. I'm using a PC with Microsoft Windows XP. The laptop has 1.18 GHz and 1.96 GB of RAM. The initial error messsage reads:

"Your computer does not have sufficient memory resources to perform this operation. Do the following:

- Check one or more options in the Extrenalize Resources list, and re-publish

- Close otther applications open on your computer. You might have to close and reopen Adobe Captiavate."

I had no other applications open at the time. The initial recording was recorded at 32 bit. So I figured perhaps changing the Full Motion Recording settings to 16 bit with a smaller SWF size would help. Any other suggestions?

• 3. Re: Can't Publish Due to File Size
              Shekhar_Dhiman Adobe Employee

Please make sure that your project file is not on the network drive and is stored locally.

Also go to Edit > Preferences > Publish Settings and under Extrenalize Resources put a check on all and republish.

Also try under another admin account on your machine.

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Can't Publish Due to File Size
                RodWard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Also try going to Edit > Preferences > Project > SWF Size and Quality and turn off anything related to compression.  Then try publishing again.  If this works, try turning on compression options one at a time to see if you can find the one that is causing the issue.  Sometimes there is something in your project that is already heavily compressed and fouls things up when Captivate tries to compress it again.