6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2013 1:55 AM by Steve Fairbairn

Prevent loop in .swf file.

Steve Fairbairn Level 5

How does one prevent .swf files from looping?

I don’t use Flash much but my swfs always loop and I don’t know how to stop them from doing so.

• 1. Re: Prevent loop in .swf file.
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

in the last frame of each timeline that you do not want to loop, in the actions panel add:

stop();

////////////

or, if you're swf will be embedded in an html file, you can use a html setting (file>publish settings>html>playback: loop) to control whether the main timeline loops.

• 2. Re: Prevent loop in .swf file.
            Steve Fairbairn Level 5

Thanks. Works fine :-)

It strikes me as strange though that one has to use a script.

Is there really no menu command for this?

Another thing that has been bugging me is the lack of a proper Character panel in Flash.

How does one adjust line spacing (leading)?

I couldn’t get things to work properly so I copied outlined text from Illustrator.

Seems a roundabout method for what ought to be a simple job.

• 3. Re: Prevent loop in .swf file.

there's an html setting for the main timeline:  (file>publish settings>html>playback: loop) to control whether the main timeline loops.

textfields have both letter spacing and leading properties that can be assigned in the properties panel (during author-time) and using actionscript (during run-time).  make sure you embed your font(s) if you want precise text control.

• 4. Re: Prevent loop in .swf file.
                Steve Fairbairn Level 5

O.k. thanks. Crude but it works.

Can fonts be outlined (like in Illustrator)?

If not, where do I find the option for embedding fonts when I export to swf?

• 5. Re: Prevent loop in .swf file.

you can click text (to select it)>click modify>break apart>click modify>break appart to change text to editable/tweenable shapes.

you embed fonts in each textfield just like letter spacing and leading.  it's not a global setting.

• 6. Re: Prevent loop in .swf file.
                    Steve Fairbairn Level 5

O.k., thanks, got it :-)

This isn’t really embedding in the sense that fonts are embedded in Acrobat files; rather it is converting the type to vector paths and rendering it uneditable.

This feature is called Create Outlines in Illie and ID but Break Apart in Flash.

Difficult to find things when they are not called the same names.

It seems that Adobe needs to co-ordinate the interface of its various products.

The interface of Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop is all similar but Flash is so different.