7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 4:01 PM by Stan Jones RSS

Bluray chapter markers

Richard M Knight MVP

I have a 70 min 1920x1080 25i timeline in Premiere with 14 named Encore chapter markers, number one is at the start of the sequence. I export to H254 Bluray video only VBR 2 pass. I import into Encore using 'import as timeline. In Encore I find I have 15 chapter points all in the wrong place the extra being an un-named marker at the start. This has happened with all my Bluray projects all with similar content. this project is number 6.

• 1. Re: Bluray chapter markers
          Stan Jones MVP

Odd.

Two markers at the start, one you named in PR, and another added upon export or import? They can't both be at zero timecode. What are the locations?

I didn't think you could name the first marker in PR, since it is added automatically. Can't test at the moment.

"All in different places," but is marker 3 in Encore in the correct location for your original marker 2?

• 2. Re: Bluray chapter markers
            Richard M Knight MVP

There is only one marker in Encore at the start the others are all shifted down but none of them are at the correct points, they are about 20 sec out but not consistent. Then there is an 'extra' marker 30 sec before the end.

• 3. Re: Bluray chapter markers
              Richard M Knight MVP

Is there a way to read the metadata to see if the problem is on export or import?

• 4. Re: Bluray chapter markers
                Stan Jones MVP

Open the .prproj file in a test editor (or xml if you have it). Search for "encore." The timecode is in their "ticks" format, but ticks are in timecode order with the chapter markers have the names you gave them.

• 5. Re: Bluray chapter markers
                  Richard M Knight MVP

Searching for encore in the project file finds nothing, is there a way to read the exported files?

One thing that I always do on the Premiere sequence is to move the timecode start time so that the first picture is at zero timecode, I wonder if that is upsetting the export.

• 6. Re: Bluray chapter markers
                    Stan Jones MVP

Double check that they are Encore markers.

I would sure try not using the offset and seeing what happens.

• 7. Re: Bluray chapter markers
                      Stan Jones MVP

Sorry; I was in a hurry. The "Encore" I was finding was in the marker name ("Test Encore Marker"). In fact, "Encore" does not appear in the marker designation. Here is the code from one of my test markers:

<Marker ObjectID="7" ClassID="a45508e0-3ff7-4d04-90a7-2e0dfff4c910" Version="3">

<Node Version="1">

</Node>

<DVAMarker>{"DVAMarker": {"mCuePointType": "Event", "mMarkerID": "ad4e9548-e487-4455-946a-dbe3e30ac819", "mName": "Test Encore Marker", "mStartTime": {"ticks": 254270016000}, "mType": "Chapter"}}</DVAMarker>

Edit: So search for one of your marker names or perhaps "DVAMarker."

Edit2: The  word to search appears to be "Chapter" as the type.