2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2013 8:33 AM by maruthid

Dynamic Dialog in a Dialog Participant Step for Workflow

CCWC19

Hello All,

I am trying to create a Dynamic Dialog in the dialog participant step for a workflow.

so when a user has the Dialog participant step opened up, if they select from a drop down, it will make another textfield hide/show.

In a component dialog I can do something like

var comment = this.find('name', './jrc:content/customComment')[0] to find the field to be shown/hidden.

however when I run this inside a Dialog Participant step, the result is undefined.

Any Sugguestion on how to approach this ?

I am using a listener on the dropdown widget/attribute

• 1. Re: Dynamic Dialog in a Dialog Participant Step for Workflow
          rush_pawan Level 4

Hello,

The find() method will not help you because it searches the property based on configured value which you can not pass in your scenario. If you dont have any constraint with your hide/show field then best way it to configured it with a property "id" (String) and give it some unique value which has not been used by any component in this dialog and then use below method to find out the component.

this.getComponent(id)

when you pass the "id" value the method will return that component and then you can show/hide it.

I have used this approach many times which is easy and fast to find out the component in any container.

Let me know if you face any issue.

Thanks,

Pawan

• 2. Re: Dynamic Dialog in a Dialog Participant Step for Workflow
            maruthid Level 1

Hi Pawan,

I want to see the data which is entered through the dialog participant step in the next step.

Say for example in step 1

author enters details in the dialog participant step and completes that step and goes to the reviewer

In step 2 (this is also dialog participant step)

Reviewer need to see the details which are entered in the previous step

How can we pass the data entered in the previous step to the next step dialog.