Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE Script error while previewing topic

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2006 Aug 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used the Search Highlighting feature by giving the Javascript provided in the Peter Grainge's website. But, after inserting the script if i preview the topic, it gives an IE script error pop up box. If i remove the script, the preview works fine. The Javascript is as follows:

1. <script language=JavaScript
src="highlight.js"></script>

2. <script type="text/javascript"><!--
beginSearch ();
//--></script>

I am using the 1st script immediately above closing head tag and the 2nd script comes immediately before closing body tag. I am using RH X5 with Windows XP.

I would also like to add that i downloaded the sample project file provided in Peter Grainge's website and used the same scripts there, and it too produced the same error message. Moreover, the search results are not highlighted after generating the webhelp.

Pls suggest a solution...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Syed

The last paragraph of the instructions includes

quote:

You will see a red square below the text in the RH WYSIWYG editor but it will not appear in the generated help. Also note that if you view the topic in the RH WYSIWYG editor, you will get a script error message as the method only works in the generated or published output.

I just downloaded the demo to check and it works just fine in the generated output. If you mean the generated output from your project rather than the demo, have you changed the path to highlight.js if the topic is in a different folder?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I am extremely sorry.
I downloaded the sample project again and it's working fine. I dont know why it didnt work last time. I didnt change any file.

Thanks for that piece of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No worries.

Good to see you posting. I know Rick was concerned we hadn't seen you around for a while.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp