4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2013 1:22 AM by joerg eberhardt

Saving ps touch files on flash drive or on tablet

david k Level 2

I will be traveling later this year and I want to--without using 'the cloud';

Upload image files from my camera's sd card to my tablet

Then edit them using ps touch

Then save the image files either onto an external flash drive or sd card, or save them on my tablet into a folder I've selected--to be able to either view or work on them again later in either ps or ps touch

Can I do this?  I've heard the there may be limitations to how and where you save files with touch if you are not using the cloud for this.

Thanks , David

• 1. Re: Saving ps touch files on flash drive or on tablet
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

You can definitely export the project to something like PSD for work later in Photoshop *but* you must use a file service like Dropbox (or Creative Cloud). (And if you do work in Photoshop, you must save as PSDX (PS Touch's native format) if you intend to do further work in PS Touch, otherwise PS Touch will flatten an imported plain PSD file.)

Otherwise, you'll have to deal with file formats like JPEGs and PNGs if you intend to do everything locally.

• 2. Re: Saving ps touch files on flash drive or on tablet
            david k Level 2

Thank Warunicorn:

So, it sounds like if I was to save as a JPEG or PNG (without layers, I know) I can save these to a folder on my tablet, and if I want to, copy them to a flash drive or SD card.

But I'm not clear about what you're saying: about the other file types: it sounds like I can save them on my device as either PSD or PSDx, but the only way to get them off the device is via the creative cloud, or a site like dropbox? Why couldn't I save as PSD/PSDx and then copy to a flash drive/SD card, as I would a JPEG file? 

that's confusing. Best, David.

• 3. Re: Saving ps touch files on flash drive or on tablet
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

PS Touch contains your projects in an organizer within the app itself. These are (I'm assuming) PSDX files until you export otherwise using the "Share" or "Save to Gallery" option. (Referring to Android; it might be slightly different on iOS.) Depending on how you export will determine what file types are available. (e.g., You can save locally to your device as JPEG; PSD to Creative Cloud or Dropbox.)

Why it's done that way? Not sure. Maybe because of file size issues. It would be sort of redundant to have the PSD file on your device when the same project in PSDX format already exists in PS Touch itself.

• 4. Re: Saving ps touch files on flash drive or on tablet
                joerg eberhardt Employee Moderator

On iOS you do have an export option "Copy to iTunes" allowing you to choose jpg, png and psd as export formats.