10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2013 11:35 AM by BILL619HOL

double video look

BILL619HOL

I am just starting with Premiere Elements 11. I am getting a double vision picture on the burned dvd. using windows 7. Denon dvd player. using the highest quality burn. The show looks fine as i review it on the computer. photos are 8 to mb. 6000 by 4000 from nikon camera.

• 1. Re: double video look
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Are you saying that the SlideShow is good in PrE, but then, when burned to a DVD, and played on the TV, it shows a double image?

First question that I have is, what brand of blank media did you burn to?

Poor quality blank media can cause hanging, judder, poor image quality, and just failure to play.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: double video look
            BILL619HOL Level 1

Hi

Yes the show is fine on my computer screen.

Disks are taiyo yuden/jvc.

Here is more since the posting:

The first burn was using PrE by bringing the photos into PrE and then burning. There I got the double image.

Then I did a slide show first and then to burn, the PE program moves it over to PrE. Then I burned. this time I did not get the double image but the dvd pictures on the tv are somewhat fuzzy.

I compared to my same production in Pro Show Gold. Pro Show is much much better.

I am starting to work with PrE because I thought it would work more smoothly with PE which of course it does.

But the final product is not as good as Pro Show at the moment.

I assume I have something set wrong somewhere, but this is frustrating.

Bill

• 3. Re: double video look
              the_wine_snob Level 9

T-Y blank discs are about as good as it gets.

For SlideShow production, if you are not also adding Video, I think that I would stick with ProShow Gold, as that is exactly what it is designed to do.

Also, is there a reason that you are bringing in the overly-large Image files, such as extreme Pans and/or Tilts on a Zoomed Out Image?

Also remember that DVD-Video is 720 x 480, or 345600 pixels, and your 24000000 pixels, so the difference in resolution is 0.0144 the size of the original. A DVD-Video will never look as good, as the original Images.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: double video look
                BILL619HOL Level 1

Hi

I am 95% photos and 5 % videos. Both produce very good dvds on pro show. The photos are 6000 by 4000. the videos are 1920 by 1080. they are normal not pans or tilts.

I do understand that the quality is less on my dvds. However, I don’t understand the double image on PeE or the lack of quality on the PE slide show.

I guess the question is, am I doing something wrong or is this just what the two programs produce?

thanks

• 5. Re: double video look
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

We always recommend resizing your photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size if you're going to use them in a DVD. Try it. It solves nearly all of these sorts of problems.

• 6. Re: double video look
                    BILL619HOL Level 1

No that did not  fix the situation.

thanks

• 7. Re: double video look
                      Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Then something is wrong with your hardware. This is not a software issue.

• 8. Re: double video look
                        BILL619HOL Level 1

I am runbning on a new toshiba, but i will try it on another computer. thanks

• 9. Re: double video look
                          BILL619HOL Level 1

However, this same computer (toshiba) burns the same show in Pro Show without any problems. It produced the dvd that i am comparing PrE dvd with in my earlier comments. Thanks

• 10. Re: double video look
                            BILL619HOL Level 1

Spent time with PS chat this morning and it looks like I do have a computer problem. Chat said that even thought other parties burning programs work ( ie Pro Show), if windows burning program is not working properly, it could effect the ps burning program. Chat cut a avi and then tried to burn with windows and, surprise, it didnot work.

So thanks for the help. Will try again when the computer comes back