4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2013 8:51 AM by Stan Jones

Weirder and weirder...Adobe Maintenance

shooternz Level 6

Fix it til its broke...

This site gets more broken..the more it gets fixed.

Never experienced any forum that has more issues than the Adobe Forum Sites.

Unbelievable considering many sites I belong to that are run by amateurs on the smell of an oily rag.

So weird.  Just saying!

• 1. Re: Weirder and weirder...Adobe Maintenance
          Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have never been convinced that the jive move was a good one. It, along with the stepchild Encore, are the two main factors that diminish my view of Adobe as making wise decisions about resource allocation.

Sorry; I thought we were in the lounge. Maintenance must have just wandered through with some old yoodles in the garbage.

• 2. Re: Weirder and weirder...Adobe Maintenance
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Latest oddity I have noticed (in about the past week) is that my screen "jumps" when going from view to edit and back to view when I post a comment

This started happening the same time as the problem I was having with the enter key not working... which I fixed by putting Internet Explorer into Compatibility View

I have also noticed that the Jive version is no longer shown at the bottom of forum pages, so there is no way for a mere member to know when changes in the forum code are made

• 3. Re: Weirder and weirder...Adobe Maintenance
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Craig,

It is not an Southern Hemisphere thing. The forums ARE undergoing a revamp, and sort of forum by forum, as the Administrators sort things like the umbrella forums out.

I think that we will see oddities for some weeks, while the work is being done. However, there will likely be some additional maintenance when it's realized that the initial maintenance broke something else - and Oh Shoot! moment.

Patience, sir, patience,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Weirder and weirder...Adobe Maintenance
                Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Latest oddity I have noticed (in about the past week) is that my screen "jumps" when going from view to edit and back to view when I post a comment

Same here, but I think it happens every time a forum page loads. The little icon sections jumps left and right a couple times. This is just IE loading the page, then applying the compatibilty change. In other words, I don't think that is the forum, but the consequence of the fix.

FYI, my editing computer appears to have updated to IE10. Same behaviors as I have on IE9.