5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2013 7:27 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Need urgent help on After Effects CS4

IL28

Hi,

I am completely NEW to after effects.

I have a project with 20 frames. I have two audio clips which have been editted to fit all the 20 frames.

Q1. When i add the audio clips to frame 1, frame 2, so on... the clips begins from the very start (0.00 seconds) for each frame. However, I want it to play from Frame 1 (0.00 secs) to Frame 20 (1min 45 secs) in one go. What should I do?

Q2. How can I preview the whole movie from frame 1 to frame 20 with the audio, in one go?

Q3. How do convert this project into a proper movie? what  am I suppose to do!? !?!

I am really messed with all this!

Please help me asap with this. I've got to finish this today urgently!!!!!!

• 1. Re: Need urgent help on After Effects CS4
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You are not making much sense. AE doesn't operate on "frames", it uses timelines, comps and layers. if your audio starts over, it must mean that you eitehr placed it that way on the timeline, you simply don't have enough memory to preview it fully or that you have set a work area shorter than teh netire comp. Similarly, if the RAM preview doesn't play the whole comp, the same causes may apply. To generate a movie, render it via the render queue using Comp --> Make Movie or whatever. anyway, you really need to read the online help. You cannot expect simple 5 second answers to all your questions, especially when people don't realyl understand you since you don't use the right terminology/ lingo. Start here:

Getting started with After Effects

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Need urgent help on After Effects CS4
            IL28 Level 1

HI,

Thanks for the insight in your answer.

I have 20 compositions not frames. Sorry for the wrong usage.

Does my doubt make sense now?

PS. I am complete newbie here.

• 3. Re: Need urgent help on After Effects CS4
              IL28 Level 1

UPDATED QUERY

Hi,

I am completely NEW to after effects.

I have a project with 20 compositions. I have two audio clips which have been editted to fit all the 20 compositions.

Q1. When i add the audio clips to composition1, composition2, so on... the clips begins from the very start (0.00 seconds) for each composition. However, I want it to play from composition1 (0.00 secs) to composition20 (1min 45 secs) in one go. What should I do?

Q2. How can I preview the whole movie from composition1 to composition20 with the audio, in one go?

Q3. How do convert this project into a proper movie? what  am I suppose to do!? !?!

I am really messed with all this!

Please help me asap with this. I've got to finish this today urgently!!!!!!

• 4. Re: Need urgent help on After Effects CS4
                Klaus_Brandenburg Level 2

In order to have all your 20 compositions in sequence, you need to select them in the project window and drag them on the "create new composition" icon on the bottom of the project window. When the "New Composition from Selection" dialogue pops up, select single composition and sequence layers (no overlap). Once you did this you can drop your two audio layers into the composition and drag the second on to the end of the first one. To preview, simply press = on the numpad to create a ram preview. you might lower the resolution or skip some frames to have ram preview show you the full length.

• 5. Re: Need urgent help on After Effects CS4
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

When you have gotten past the urgent need to get something done today, I strongly recommend that you take a step back and learn the basics so that you don't end up in such a frustrating position again.

Start here to learn After Effects: http://adobe.ly/bjBT3P