3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2013 8:31 AM by Dave Merchant

How to insert an image into lower third rectangle title?

jonathanlinsley90

I'm creating a new title for news videos for a local newspaper's website.

I've created a white lower third rectangle and I want an image of the newspapers logo to be inside of the white lower third rectangle.

I'm trying to drag the image into the title workspace but it wont allow me to do so......

How can I get this image of the newspapers logo inside of the white lower third rectangle?

Thanks,

Any help appreciated!

Jonathan.

• 1. Re: How to insert an image into lower third rectangle title?
          Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

If you want the bitmap to be inside the title element, draw a shape on the title (e.g. rectangle) and on the properties tree change Graphic Type to "Logo" - that will awaken a tiny preview box which you can click to load a bitmap.

If you want the text and the background image to fade independently, you will need to put the bitmap on a different video track.

• 2. Re: How to insert an image into lower third rectangle title?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum.

Dave has mentioned the Logo insert in Titler, and that is what I normally use.

However, you can also just Import your logo (PNG, PSD, GIF, with Transparency - note: JPEG does not support Transparency), then drag that to the Video Track above your Title. Use the Fixed Effects>Motion>Scale (if necessary) and Motion>Position, to Scale and Position that, where you want it to appear.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to insert an image into lower third rectangle title?
              jonathanlinsley90 Level 1

Hi Dave,

Great advice! That's working fine.

But....my white lower third rectangle has a fill opacity of 88%. When I've inserted the newspaper's logo into this rectangle, obviously the logo (which is white with blue text) has an opacity of 100%. But when I lower the logo opacity to 88% I lose the logo's white, but also the actual text of the logo too which is a problem.

So I'm now thinking, is it possible to lower fill opacity from left to right in my rectangle? If so, this would allow the left hand side of my rectangle to stay at 100% fill opacity, which would match the white fill of the newspapers logo, and I could gradually reduce the opacity as the rectangle goes right, fading out towards the end.

Is it possible to use fill opacity in a left to right motion?

Thanks Again!