What happens when you highlight the URL in the hyperlink panel and click at the bottom the Go to Destination arrow? Does it take you to the website?
No, I get the "Page Not Found" message. I had this problem with another site a year or two ago. I couldnt' fix it then. Now's the time. I suspect the "$" sign might have something to do with it. The link works in this thread (see my first post), but not from within InDesign. Numerous other links work okay.
- Link works when pasted into iTextExpress.
- Link works when exported as PDF.
- Link name is correct in the Hyperlinks Panel within InDesign, and works when copied and pasted into a browser.
- However, when I click on Go To Destination, the $ sign is dropped from the web address in the browser, thus the error message.
It looks like InDesign is dropping "$" symbols from hyperlinks.
1 person found this helpful
I did a quick test and it works for me. This is what I did:
1) Pasted a copy of the URL in a IDD.
2) Selected the URL and then Text/Hyperlink & Cross-References/New Hyperlink from URL
When I click on the Go to Destination it takes me to the website.
Thanks for the info. Still doesn't work for me though. When InDesign goes to the destination the address in the web browser is
i.e. "$1" is dropped at the end. I'm running InDesign 8.0.1 under OSX 10.6.8. Must be something sus with my setup.
As Peter says, it might be a bug. I did another test. Selected the URL from my IDD, opened the Hyperlink panel, clicked on Create New Hyperlink and this is what I get: http://www.projectorcentral.com/paint_perfect_screen_%24100.htm. So ID is changing "$" to "%24". But, when I click on Go To Destination, still takes me to the website! I'm on a PC with CS6 8.0.1 and using Google Chrome.
Did a second test just for fun: without selecting the URL in the ID, I went to Type/Hyperlinks & Cross-References/Convert URLs to Hyperlinks and ID creates two Hyperlinks: http://www.projectorcentral.com/paint_perfect_screen_ and a separate: 100.htm. So, ID splits the Hyperlink right at "$". So definitely ID doesn't like the "$".