3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2013 6:57 AM by kglad

SharedObject.getRemote secure true or false?

Daniel Ruiz G

Hello,

I've been looking for answers to a problem that we are having in my project and it has been imposible to find something clear.

Actually we have a Flash movie which is connecting to a Flash Media Server to record audio.

We were using this

rec_so = SharedObject.getRemote("recordings", conection.uri, true);

to get the instance and then

rec_so.connect(conection);

to connect.

We were having no problems and we  have been around 4 years working like this. From a week ago more or less this connection is not working, I tried to change the parameter "secure" to false:

rec_so = SharedObject.getRemote("recordings", conection.uri, false);

and then it worked.

I took a look and this parameter theoretically should be used for SWFs under HTTPS connection, what is curious is that we haven't had HTTPs connection never, maybe the fact to use this parameter was not correct at the beginning and I was wondering why it was working before and why is not working now?

Thank you very much for your help and greetings,

• 1. Re: SharedObject.getRemote secure true or false?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

the 3rd parameter is a persistance parameter, not the secure parameter (which is 4th and defaults to false).

persistence:Object [optional] — Specifies whether the attributes of the shared object’s data property are persistent locally,       remotely, or both. May specify where the shared object will be stored locally. Acceptable values are:      

• null or false specifies that the shared object is not persistent on the client or server; the default      
          • true specifies that the shared object is persistent only on the server      
          • full or partial local path to the shared object indicates that the shared object is persistent on       the client and the server. On the client, it is stored in the specified path. On the server, it is stored in a subdirectory within the Flash Media Server applications directory. For more information, see the Flash Media Server documentation.      
          • 2. Re: SharedObject.getRemote secure true or false?
            Daniel Ruiz G Level 1

Hello,

thank you kglad for your answer, you are totally right I was confused and that's the parameter I had to modify.

Do you have any idea about why I had to modify it? Could be a FMS problem which is not persisting objects?

Thanks in advance.

• 3. Re: SharedObject.getRemote secure true or false?
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

check your server where you were saving those sharedobjects.  maybe you've used all your diskspace or maybe write permissions have changed.