6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2013 2:35 PM by SFL46

WorkSpace problem

welchphoto Level 1

I now have CS6 and it has the same problem all the earlier versions of premiere had no mater what I do every time I open a project it opens in the color corrector workspace. I change it to my custom editing WS or any other default, save the project, close the project close premiere re open and I am back to the color corrector.

Anyone have a fix?

Thanks

Dennis

• 1. Re: WorkSpace problem
          shooternz Level 6

Do you have  "Import Workspaces from Projects "Checked?

• 2. Re: WorkSpace problem
            welchphoto Level 1

Yes it is checked

• 3. Re: WorkSpace problem
              welchphoto Level 1

Just some more information:

I opened a new project today and it opened in my custom editing workspace. After I had done my import and placed clips on the timeline I changes to the Color correcting WS.

I finished CC and went back to My Editing WS saved and closed the program.

I just opened it again and it opened into the color correcting WS.

• 4. Re: WorkSpace problem
                shooternz Level 6

Uncheck "Import Workspaces from Projects "

The last used workspace is being saved with your project and you are asking PPRo to open it that way.

• 5. Re: WorkSpace problem
                  welchphoto Level 1

Thanks

I was wrong about the use of that.

There must be a bug because even when I saved the project while in my editing WS it still opened into Color Correcting. But today I did as you suggested I unchecked "Import Workspaces from Projects " saved while in my edit WS closed then reopened and it opened in my editing as it should.

Thanks Again

• 6. Re: WorkSpace problem
                    SFL46 Level 3

Have you by any chance, assigned a different target for MY DOCUMENTS?  I previously had a problem in that my workspaces were not being saved after I quit a session with Premiero Pro.  What I finally realized that Premiere Pro was saving the preferences to the standard target for MY DOCUMENTS rather than the target I had established.  (I wanted all my created files to go to a NAS that backed up the files via RAID.)  The behavior suggested that Premiere Pro had been hardcoded to C:\users\documents etc, etc. 

Restoring the default target restored proper Premiere operation. I created a separate NAS folder MYDOCS and manually use that folder in lieu of MY DOCUMENTS