4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 3:48 PM by graph22

Text Wrap

graph22 Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to create text wrap that is like the kind applied to the photo in the circled area (how it's in a circular shape even though the photo remains rectangular) in the attached image....  How do I do that?

Thanks very much!

artists_friend.jpg

• 1. Re: Text Wrap
          PrintFusion45 Employee Moderator

Draw an ellipse frame first and apply text wrap to it. Then place the rectangle frame over it and place the image within the rectangle frame.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Text Wrap
            graph22 Level 1

Good suggestion! Do you actually need to place the image in the frame? Or can you just place it on it's own?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Text Wrap
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Youcan place it on its own, and in your example it appears that's what was done. In fact I think there may be three different frames involved -- two cirles spaced apart and a bit shorter than the rectangle image frame, and the image frame itself. You would need to add wrap to all three.

The reason I think there are three wraps is that the text is not wrapping to natch a curve aboe or below the image, only to the lsft and right. You could also build a single frame with rounded ends and a flat top and bottom that would behave this way, or use the pen tool to customize the wrap path.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Text Wrap
                graph22 Level 1

Thanks!