• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just installed JCE on my new CF10 and now can't login to administrator, what am I doing wrong?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CF 10,284568 installed on SUSe 12.2 with Java 1.7.0_15  64bit.  When I swap out the two JCE files, restart Coldfusion, I can no longer login to the Administrator.  To be more specific, it appears session management isn't working.  If I login using a bad username/password pair I get an error, if I login with the correct pair I get returned to the login screen without any error.  Additionally, none of my datasources work (MySQL ).  If I swap out the original (local policy and  US export policy jars) and restart everything works fine.

What am I doing wrong?  Do I need to run something in the CF bin or reinstall to get this to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This has happened to me too. We need to change the local_policy JAR files for stronger crypto and yet if we replace the two JAR files in C:\ColdFusion10\jre\lib\security, then CF Admin does not work and we also get errors elsewhere on our site.

Please Adobe, will you respond and tell us how to update the policy files? We need this to run PayPal payments on our site urgently.

Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to repro the Issue :

Here are my findings ,

Case 1 )

CF with Java 1.7.0_25

On top of it Install UnlimitedJCEPolicy JDK7

Restart Server

Everything works fine

Case 2 )

CF with Java 1.6.0_29

On top of it Install UnlimitedJCEPolicy 6

Restart Server

Everything works fine

Case 3 )

CF with Java 1.6.0_29

On top of it Install UnlimitedJCEPolicy JDK7 ( Basically wrong version of Policy Files )

Unable to open administrator !! And DB’s won’t work as mentioned above

Case 4 )

CF with Java 1.7.0_25

On top of it Install UnlimitedJCEPolicy 6 ( Basically wrong version of Policy Files )

Unable to open administrator !! And DB’s won’t work as mentioned above

Can you please check if you are applying the right version of Policy Files ? Or Am I missing something here ? Can you also try with the latest Java and latest CF Update ?

Regards ,

YASHAS RATTEHALLI

ADOBE CF Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response. I managed to get the JCE installed by using the JCE from:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce-7-download-432124.html

It seems that CF 10 is very particular about the Java version you are using. We are on JRE 1.7, and so only JCE 7 will work. all others fail for us, even recent 1.6. There are many combinations of files, and getting the right one is not easy. Oracle's download page is also awful and does not explain well enough what version their files are for.

Adobe, please create a FAQ to help people with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation