5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 1:03 AM by JEShort01

Help buying my first Windows desktop/jumping ship (Affordable GPU advice too)

betamax.bandit

Hello,

I hope somebody can assist me please!

I am looking for an affordable GPU (that supports CUDA and Mercury and everything else I will need) -  I use Premiere Pro and After Effects (CS6) hope that whatever I buy now will be supported in CS6.5/CS7 too. I also like to play games - so I understand a GeForce card would be better for this?

I currently work freelance, I use a 2010 iMac i7 - its a bit slow and the upgrade path is non-existent (I have already upgraded the RAM to 16GB).

I was looking to buy a Dell Precision T1650 - then add RAM, SSD and GPU aftermarket - so I would be buying a custom base system with i7 Processor with integrated GPU (please see attachment); https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22298261/1.pdf

I would like a GPU that is better than what Apple currently offer with the iMac - otherwise my switch to Windows is somewhat pointless (except for price). The current iMacs use the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB (mobile GPUs).

Thanks for reading,

Betamax