4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2013 10:41 AM by peter minneapolis

How do I increase the size of my Control Panel in InDesign?

petebest

How do I increase the size of my Control Panel in InDesign?

• 1. Re: How do I increase the size of my Control Panel in InDesign?
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can detach it by grabbing the gray dotted lines on the left and dragging it.

But you can only resize it left to right, not up and down.

What are you trying to achieve? Perhaps there's another way if you let us know what you need

• 2. Re: How do I increase the size of my Control Panel in InDesign?
            petebest Level 1

I'm trying to increase the size of the whole bar so that I can read it better. Increase the point size of the bar. Zoom it in/up.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: How do I increase the size of my Control Panel in InDesign?
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The only way to increase the size of the type in the interface is to lower your display resolution in general, and ID is no always happy when you do that.

• 4. Re: How do I increase the size of my Control Panel in InDesign?
                peter minneapolis Level 4

petebest wrote:

I'm trying to increase the size of the whole bar so that I can read it better. Increase the point size of the bar. Zoom it in/up.

Thanks.

On Mac OS X, you can zoom the whole screen (including the active document) by using the Trackpad section of System Preferences.

mac trackpad 2-finger zoom modifier key option.png

This screenshot shows the Screen Zoom > Options dialog box. "Zoom while holding ^⌘" means the Control and Command keys must be pressed while sliding two fingers towards the top or bottom of the trackpad, to zoom the screen in or out. You can choose the Control, Option, or Command keys for a single-key zoom, or a combination of the keys. Choose a single key from the pull-down menu. Choosing a combination of keys is a little tricky - you need to highlight whatever appears in the Zoom while holding pull-down menu box, then press the combination of keys you want.

[EDIT] Experiment with the "When zoomed in, he screen image moves:" option to see which suits your needs best. [/EDIT]

I don't know if there's a direct Windows-system counterpart to this Mac feature. There may be third-party Windows tools that can do this.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Message was edited by: peter at knowhowpro