3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2013 5:34 PM by elainecc

Loading animation with jquery mobile click

shadowfax007 Level 1

Hello all!

I have a mobile webpage I'm working on.  The page is done using Dreamweaver CS6 and jQuery Mobile.

I have added a few external Edge animations to the project as well.

Each "Page" (to go to another "page " really just a  "#" placeholder on the same page) has an Edge animation at the top.

What I'm trying to accomplish is that, when a jQuery button is clicked , I can auto start a new Edge animation for that "page" (right now they all run at pageload and you only see the one on the main page!).

Does this make sense?

Is there a way to accomplish this without making the entire site an Edge animation?

Thanks!

James

• 1. Re: Loading animation with jquery mobile click
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, James-

Yes.  You should turn autoplay off for each Animation, then refer to the next comp using the multicomp situation and call play() in your jQuery mobile click event.  There have been a lot of posts on the forums about multicomposition pages, so I think it should be easy enough to get that up and running.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 2. Re: Loading animation with jquery mobile click
            shadowfax007 Level 1

Elaine-

Thanks for the info!

I've added a "stop" trigger to the animation in question.

I can get multiple compositions to run in one page, no problem. - I just don't know how to control them from outside the animation (play(), stop(), etc...)

I apologize for my lack of knowledge (I'm just now trying to wrap my head around the use of javscript in Edge!) and I know this may be a bit off topic but can you tell me how to add the  call (play) to the jQuery Mobile buttons?

I have this in the HTML for the jQuery buttons:

<div data-role="content" class="page_bkgrnd">

<ul data-count-theme="a" data-role="listview" data-theme="d">

<li><a href="#page2" data-transition="flip">Design</a></li>

<li><a href="#page3" data-transition="flip">Develop</a></li>

<li><a href="#page4" data-transition="flip">Deploy</a></li>

<li><a href="#page5" data-transition="flip">Portfolio</a></li>

</ul>

</div>

Also, does this mean that I can make different calls and "interact" with the Edge animation from outside (as in this jQuery example) the animation, or am I misinterpreting this?

I guess I never thought that far but that could open up an entire new can of worms and a world of possibilities :-)

NOTE - To be clear, the jQuery Mobile code is NOT within Edge).

Thanks!

James

• 3. Re: Loading animation with jquery mobile click
              elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, James-

I'd suggest you read the "Call Edge Animate APIs on a different composition" for information on how you can call into an Animate composition from outside of that composition.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/edgeanimate/api/current/index.html#differentcompositions

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful