- What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).
-not sure where to find minor version number but ive installed all updates so i think its the newest version of 5.5
- Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
- What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
- Windows 7 64 bit
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
- MTS footage
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
a windows box appears that says: "windows premire pro cs5.5 has stopped working. a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avalible
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
Just trying to use playback on a clip i dropped into the timeline
- Has this ever worked before?
-Yes the program was working fine before today
- What other software are you running?
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
- Intel core 2 duo, i have a nvidia GeForce 9700M GTS graphics card. not sure if you need anymore info since it was working on this system before
- Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration?
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?
- with previews as far as i can tell
i think i found the version number, i think its 126.96.36.199
First, that Core2-Duo will be working overtime with the MTS files, however it used to work for you, and something has changed.
When you drag the Clip to the Timeline, is there a colored line above the Clip? If so, what color?
If you have a red, or yellow line above the Clip, have you tried Rendering it (hitting Enter key), letting that complete, and then test play it?