Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete empty folders from HTML Files (Topics) folder in Project tab

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've imported HTML files from another RH6 project. Now, I have empty folders in the HTML Files (Topics) folder under the Project tab. I'd like to remove them but the delete option has been greyed out. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
FMnRH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007
Before deleting anything, I would suggest that you check that the ill-desired folder in the other pseudo-folders in your RH project are empty. This ususally happens when the imported topics use ressources from another folder (usually images but can also be a style sheet). If you delete the files from Explorer you might well end up with missing images. Move the images from RH to the desired folder and then you should see that the delete option is active again from the HTML files pseudo-folder in ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Edit menu. Sometimes the Delete option is available there, even if the toolbar X isn't.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the status of the folder with Windows Explorer. It happens that there are files there, which RoboHelp does not show in its Project Explorer. In this case, delete the offending file(s) and try again.

Regards

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before deleting anything, I would suggest that you check that the ill-desired folder in the other pseudo-folders in your RH project are empty. This ususally happens when the imported topics use ressources from another folder (usually images but can also be a style sheet). If you delete the files from Explorer you might well end up with missing images. Move the images from RH to the desired folder and then you should see that the delete option is active again from the HTML files pseudo-folder in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone! I opened the Images folder under the Project tab and found the folder I wanted to delete did indeed have imported images. Windows also showed these images along with a .fpj file. After moving the files to the appropriate folder and deleting an .fpj file in the folder ("foldername.fpj") I was able to delete the empty folder.

Thanks,
FMnRH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dirk

Nothing to do with this thread but you are obviously watching it and I wanted to get your attention.

Would you please email me via my site?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
FMnRH,

the fpj-file should not be a problem. It's created by RoboHelp and contains information on what files and sub-folders RH expects to see in this folder. The fpj will be deleted when you successfully remove the folder from within the RH Project Explorer.

Regards,

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp