3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2013 8:23 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 10 rendering

dwillbwt

Hello,

I would like to render my videos in the format WMV 1080p. The only options i see for WMV are 720p and lower. Is there anyway i can do 1080p or is 720p my only option for WMV? I would rather not use any other formats such as mpeg. I am using Windows 8 if that helps any.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10 rendering
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There really is no such thing as a WMV 1080p file. You can force the program to make it, but it probably wouldn't play smoothly.

What do you plan to do with this file? Where do you plan to publish it? There is likely a more efficient format to save to.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10 rendering
            dwillbwt Level 1

You can render video as a .wmv in 1080p in other programs such as Sony Vegas. But I stopped using Sony Vegas because of crashes. A friend of mine has an older version of Premiere and he can render to .wmv 1080p.

I am uploading to Youtube and have found that .wmv 1080p has come out better than .mpeg 1080p as far as overall quality. The .mpeg format seems to be more pixely than .wmv.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10 rendering
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

For uploading to YouTube, you'll get the best results using Share/Computer/AVCHD with the preset for YouTube HD.

But, if you'd prefer to use a WMV for some reason, you can select one of the Share/Computer/WMV presets and then click the Advanced button to create your own custom 1080p output preset.

1 person found this helpful