4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 10:54 AM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 11 icons near the notification area.

sogeezer

Premier Elements 11 puts red icons on the taskbar near the notification area. What are these and why are they not removed when the application is closed? The only way they "go away" is to restart the computer.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 11 icons near the notification area.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post a screen-cap, showing where the message is being displayed?

Thanks, and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 11 icons near the notification area.
            sogeezer Level 1

I can't do a screen shot at the moment because I just re-installed Premier Elements 11 and have not yet started another project. The display isn't a message. Icons are being placed. Initially only one appeared while I was editing and disappeared when I closed the application. During my next session a total of three appeared and remained after closing the application. They apparently relate to something that was in my project; an adjustment to a video clip perhaps. If I right click on one of the icons a menu pops up. There is no apparent method of closing them. They are definetely a product of Premier Elements 11. In the past I used Sony Vegas Pro which never displayed this type of behavior. My version became outdated and the upgrade outside my budget. Premier Elements 11 offers several features I wish to use but this behavior is intolerable and has prompted me to remove the application from my computer on two previous occasions and if it persists will cause me to seek a solution elsewhere.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 11 icons near the notification area.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I wish that I could offer some help, but have not observed any icons being added. It might be something that I felt was common behavior, and did not pay close attention to it/them, or maybe something that I have just never seen.

Perhaps others will recognize those icons, from the description, and be of more help.

One question:

They apparently relate to something that was in my project; an adjustment to a video clip perhaps. If I right click on one of the icons a menu pops up.

When you clicked on those icons, and got a pop-up menu, what did that menu contain? That might be helpful in others recognizing what the icons relate to.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 11 icons near the notification area.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

sogeezer

Besides Hunts questions, especially,

"When you clicked on those icons, and got a pop-up menu, what did that menu contain? That might be helpful in others recognizing what the icons relate to."

I would include:

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running?

ATR