6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2013 1:57 PM by Matrox support

Export Issues: Green and black flashes and dropped frames

J_Heffernan Level 1

Hello,

So I've been having in issue in the last week exporting videos in Adobe (CS5, Premiere 5.0). It's happened both in AME and direct exports from Premiere. The sequence settings match the footage settings (1280x720 (1.0) 23.976fps MTS files). I'm using a mini matrox mxo2 hardware accelerator to speed up my export times. The sequences start with 5 seconds of a still image with a simple Title laid over it in Video two (the person's name, city etc. that is the focus of the video) which then dips to black into the footage. Everything plays back fine but after I output the sequences within the first 5 seconds (while the still img is up (a .jpg) there are flashes of green and black as well as dropped frames. It only happens a few times but it does happen in each video, only while that title is on the screen.

I've made hundreds of similar videos with the same export settings, same sequence settings, same footage settings. I know because it's a lot of the same cameramen and I've made templates for my projects, sequences, and export settings.This has never been an issue before this week.

I've tried mining Google and forums for an answer but can't even find other people having very similar problems.

Any help on ideas to troubleshoot this would be much appreciated and let me know if you want any more info from me.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Export Issues: Green and black flashes and dropped frames
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I'm using a mini matrox mxo2 hardware accelerator

Try taking that out of the equation.

• 2. Re: Export Issues: Green and black flashes and dropped frames
            Matrox support

Hello J_Heffernan,

I am a support technitian at Matrox. Can you please let us know if you use windows or mac and which MXO2 driver you have installed.

When you said you see green flashes, would this be on the MXO2's output or in the preview window on your computer screen?

Just to confirm, the problem you notice is when you are exporting a Matrox H.264 format?

Is the light in your MXO2 blue or red?

Regards

MTS

• 3. Re: Export Issues: Green and black flashes and dropped frames
              J_Heffernan Level 1

Thanks for the reply!

I'm on Windows 7 Professional

My driver version is 5.1.1.37

I don't see anyting in my preview but only in the output

I am exporting Matrox H.264

and the light is red.

• 4. Re: Export Issues: Green and black flashes and dropped frames
                Matrox support Level 1

Hello again,

If you have a proper output from the out of the MXO2 box, but not on your preview window, then we need to focus on your graphic card and/or motherboard chipset drivers. This sounds like a video overlay issue.

Tell us a little about your system. Desktop or laptop? What is the graphic card? Hopefully it is not one which is built into your desktop's motherboard.

Regards

MTS

• 5. Re: Export Issues: Green and black flashes and dropped frames
                  J_Heffernan Level 1

Just to clarify I was not seeing any green fields in my preview window but was seeing them in a rendered final output.

My machine is a desktop

GFX card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570

Motherboard: Intel DP67BA    AAG10219-202

Chipset: Intel Sandy Bridge     Rev: 09

This problem is happening on another machine in the office as well. I don't have the specs for that right now but can get them if you need.

Could this be a result of using the MX02 as a breakout box to preview on a monitor using Matrox sequences in Premiere as well as using it for the hardware acceleration in my output?

• 6. Re: Export Issues: Green and black flashes and dropped frames
                    Matrox support Level 1

Thank you for the reply J_Heffernan.

So my understanding of the issue is more clear. The green fields is from a rendered clip, not from playback.

Please try the following:

- in control panel, go to user accounts, and locate your account, and confirm its UAC level is all the way down, reboot if required

- if you downloaded the Matrox driver with another browser, besides IE, then redownload it again, with IE. Once completed, right click the file, go to properties, if there is a message stating its blocked, click the unblock button

- uninstall the MXO2 driver, reboot and reinstall it

- go to http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu let it scan to see if there is an intel chipset driver update availalble, and install it, reboot

- lets try with a brand new project - select matrox.avi as your capture mode

- select a matrox HD/SD sequence - try HD 1080i 29.97

- give a new name

- place colour bars on the timeline and streach it out

- now do a file export, use a Matrox h.264 option, and let adobe media encoder export it

- after it is completed, how is the playback?

Typically you can have premiere and media encoder open at the same time.

Regards

MTS