2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 9:21 AM by Pacific 29 RSS

Previews are Blurry in Bridge CS6

Pacific 29 Community Member

On several occasions I have seen that some images are previewed blurry in Bridge CS6.

I have set the preview to full resolution/quality, so this is not the issue.

When it happens, it happens like this:

1. I have a layered file, and the preview is good and sharp.

2. Then I sharpen, and the preview is blurry.

This has occurred numerous times. I thought the preview was corrupted, so I deleted the file, and hauled it back from the trash, so a new preview would be built.

Again, this new preview would again be blurry. (Out of 20 files, two had a blurry preview - and the files themselves were NOT blurry).

Flattening such a file does not help. While the flattened file is also sharp in Photoshop, its preview remains blurry. A copied file also has the blurry preview.

I don't see any correlation with image dimensions, file sizes. Some images just randomely are previewed blurry in Bridge CS6.

The only correlation I see is that it is ALWAYS SHARPENED IMAGES that are previewed blurry (the unsharpened versions always look much sharper in Bridge CS6)

What can I do to have Bridge CS6 preview ALL images correctly?

edit: I purged the cache for this folder, and the rebuilt preview is again blurry.

Even worse, now 50 out of 100 images have blurry previews.

How can I get previews that I can work with?

• 1. Re: Previews are Blurry in Bridge CS6
          Yammer Community Member

It might be worth updating your graphics card software.  I have seen what you describe on occasion, but it's usually fixed by purging the cache for the selection and/or restarting Bridge.  I haven't seen it for a long time now, which makes me think it's something to do with the way Bridge interacts with hardware/drivers.

• 2. Re: Previews are Blurry in Bridge CS6
            Pacific 29 Community Member

I have a latest generation MacBook Pro retina, so that should be fine.

It actually worked when I purged the cache for this folder a second time. The blur went away.

The first time I had done a "select all" images to show Bridge which previews I needed rebuilt - not necessary, maybe that was an overload for Bridge.